Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University of Delhi is conducting the online counselling procedure for filling seats in 11 programs offered by its affiliated Colleges/ Institutions for the academic session 2017-18. The schedule of IPU Counselling 2017 has been revised multiple times and finally, the choice filling through online counselling closed on Monday. The students were asked to submit the choices/ preferences of the institutes & courses available and now the first round seat allocation result will be published. The students can check IPU Counselling result/ 1st seat allotment from the official website www.ipuadmissions.nic.in.
#GGSIPU has declared 1st round seat allotment result today, ahead of the proposed time of 8 pm. The candidates can check the allotment status after logging into the official website ipuadmissions.nic.in. The cut-offs for first round have also been released by the Univesity.
The online registrations for IPU Counselling 2017 commenced from 11th June, while the students were asked to get their documents verified from 14th June. The online counselling is being conducted by GGSIPU for selected 11 programs through IPU CET 2017 and includes MBA, MCA, BCA, BA LLB/ BBA LLB (Integrated), B.Ed., BBA, BA (JMC), Lateral Entry to B.Tech (Diploma Holders), LE to B.Tech (B.Sc. Graduates), B.Tech/ M.Tech Dual Degree/ B.Tech and B.Com (H).
After successful registration, the applicants had to fill the choices for allotment. The list of all possible combinations of all Institute and Courses was made available in the Candidate Login page and the applicants had to fill the choices in the order of his/ her preference during the choice filling period. The last date for choice filling was 2nd July (till 11.50 pm), however, it was later extended up to 4 pm, 3rd July.
The latest update from GGSIPU says, “The result/ allocation of seats after Round 1, for all Eleven Programs will be displayed on or before 6th July, at 8 pm.”
As per the counselling procedure, all the choices/ preferences filled by the candidates will be considered for online allotment of seats as per the merit and respective category and region. 85% seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to Delhi region, while the remaining 15% seats are to be filled on All-India basis. The students can check IPU seat allotment result through his/her account login given during the registration process.
IPU seat allotment 2017 for 1st round will be declared online at ipuadmissions.nic.in and the candidates will have to take the print out of the Provisional Allotment Letter, if the seat is allotted. After the allotment of seat, the candidates will have to pay the part Academic Fee of Rs. 40,000 to confirm the allotment and for participating in the subsequent round of counselling. If one fails to pay the fee, he/she will loose the allotted seat and also the chance to participate in the further rounds of counselling. The fee can be paid through Cash (Challan) or Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
The candidates will have to report and join the respective School/ College with the Admission Slip, Provisional Allotment Letter, the Academic Fee Receipt and educational certificates for verification and pay the balance fee amount. For the candidates who will withdraw the admission against the allotted seat, IPU will conduct the spot counselling (in case of vacant seats) after last round of seat allocation.