After Nationwide launch, Mahindra has launched it next Gen Scorpio in Chandigarh and it is priced for Rs 8.38 lakhs (ex showroom Chandigarh, for S2 variant). Mahindra has introduced many new exciting features and performance boosts in the new variant of the Scorpio.
Talking about the new Scorpio, Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division & International Operations (AFS), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “Over a decade ago when we first unveiled the Scorpio, it was an emotional & defining moment for all of us at Mahindra. Unknown to us at that time, a dream, an icon, a style statement was born. To see the Scorpio become the pride of over 4.5 lakh customers and transform the SUV space in the country, is a remarkable achievement. Over the years we have continuously updated the product to ensure that the brand stays relevant. Today we have shifted the orbit further, as the trend-setting Scorpio, turns a new leaf in its evolution with a new generation platform, more aggressive styling, all new interiors, a new transmission with significantly improved ride and handling and advanced technology features.”
Speaking at the launch Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “The Scorpio brand has gone from strength to strength and become iconic on basis of the love & faith of millions of fans across the country. Today we unfold a new chapter in the story of the Mahindra Scorpio, with the launch of the New Generation Scorpio. In fact, the New Generation Scorpio is now even more aspirational and a perfect companion for thrill and adventure, a reflection and a choice of the changing lifestyle of the new emerging customer of today.”
Here are the detailed features of the new Scorpio.
FEATURES OF THE NEW GENERATION SCORPIO
Performance, Ride and Handling
- Cushion Suspension and Anti-Roll Technologies – The New Generation Scorpio comes with an All New Platform including Cushion Suspension and Anti-Roll Technologies that deliver unparalleled ride and handling. High cushioning and greater shock absorption enable a smooth ride even on uneven roads.
- Mighty mHawk engine –The advanced 2.2 litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged mHawk engine, generates 120PS power and 280Nm torque. This powerful delivery enables one to surge ahead of other cars.
- New Generation Transmission – The new 5MT320 gearbox helps you shift gears effortlessly for a fatigue-free driving experience.
- Shift on Fly 4 Wheel Drive – The New Generation Scorpio is also available in a 4×4 option. The shift on fly 4 Wheel Drive gives you the freedom of driving the vehicle in any kind of terrain.
- Short Turning Radius – The excellent and much improved turning radius of 5.4 meters enables ease of maneuverability even in the most congested places.
All New Contemporary Exteriors
With a contemporary, more aggressive look, the New Generation Scorpio is a whole new breed altogether.
- Dual Projector Headlamps – The Stylish headlamps come with advanced Static Bending Technology to light up those hairpin bends at every turn
- Striking LED Eyebrows – The hi-tech LEDs give an aggressive look and also act as parking lights.
- Signature grille with premium chrome accents – The Scorpio has always been recognized by its signature grille. The New Generation Scorpio’s grille comes with premium chrome accents giving it an imposing road presence.
- The New Hi-Tech LED Tail Lamps will definitely get heads turning.
- New Stylish 2 tone Rear Applique seamlessly blends into the rear fascia creating a striking visage.
- Stunning New 17 inch Alloy Wheels create a bold impression everywhere you go.
- Silver-finished fender bezel – bears the unmistakable stamp of the powerful mHawk engine and integrated indicators.
- New wrap around Bonnet – adds to the style quotient of the New Generation Scorpio.
- Striking new Bonnet Scoop with ‘low drag intake’ design – enables entry of air into the intercooler, thereby helping improve engine performance.
- New Road Armour Bumpers – The tough new bumpers are complimented by a silver design skid plate.
- New Fog Lamps add to the style and also provide better visibility while driving in poor or low/foggy visibility conditions.
- Side Cladding with silver embossing – The new Scorpio-embossed side cladding adds to the macho styling of the New Generation Scorpio.
- New Hi-Tech 6” Touch Screen Infotainment System – Control your music and navigation on the go with the new 6” Touch Screen Infotainment System with inbuilt GPS Navigation/Bluetooth/CD/DVD/USB/Aux. One can also get various vehicle-related information at the touch of a button. Fully Automatic Temperature Control – Maintain the cabin at your preferred temperature without the need to keep adjusting blower and cooling knobs.
- Micro-hybrid technology – The revolutionary technology enables the engine to intelligently switch into standby when not required. This technology helps save both fuel and the environment through reduced fuel consumption and lower emissions.
- Smart rain and light sensors – Smart sensors automatically turn the headlights ON or OFF according to light conditions, and also control the speed of the wipers according to the intensity of rain.
- Tyre-tronics – a sophisticated measuring system that enhances safety by providing live updates of the exact air pressure and temperature in each tyre. Any variation is brought to your immediate attention.
- Intellipark (Reverse Assist) – The 4 sensors in the rear bumper warn about any obstacles within 50-120cms, making reversing and parking convenient and safe in the New Generation Scorpio.
- Voice Assist System – The New Generation Scorpio’s unique Voice Assist System provides timely reminders for door ajar, seat belt warning, low brake fluid, fuel on reserve, etc.
Plush on the Inside:
- Brand new dual tone Dashboard – giving the interior a fresh premium coat
- Luxurious New Blue Grey Interiors – Step into a luxurious new world with new premium 2-tone interiors, a brand new dual tone dashboard and new blue-grey upholstery. Futuristic instrument cluster– Drive into the future with a 3D effect cluster design which is stunningly illuminated. It also displays vital information like gear position, trip meter, odometer, fuel and temperature.
- All New Sporty Steering Wheel – comes with steering-mounted Cruise and Audio Controls to handle the roads and your music with ease.
- New chrome accented AC vents – Feel the rush of cool air on your face with the new chrome-finished AC vents that also add to the Scorpio’s premium interior appearance.
- New Center Console – compliments the dashboard and is ergonomically designed to ensure all functions are intuitive to use.
- Dual Front Airbags – In the event of a collision, these dual airbags inflate instantly, thereby protecting occupants from serious injury.
- Anti-lock braking system – It prevents skidding and keeps the vehicle steerable and in control during sudden braking, hence avoiding accidents.
- Crash protection crumple zones absorb most of the impact in case of a collision. The rigid steel bars in the doors minimize impact from the sides.
- Collapsible Steering Column – In the event of a frontal collision the steering column collapses to reduce injury to the driver.
- Engine Immobilizer – This is an encrypted key recognition system that keeps your New Generation Scorpio safe. If any other key is used to start the vehicle, the ECU rejects it right away. This immobilizer system is certified by the globally renowned M/S Thatcham.
- New Panic Brake Indication – This provides a hazard warning during sudden deceleration while vehicle speed is over 100kmph.
- New Auto Door Lock while driving – once the vehicle speed crosses 20kmph.
- New Anti-Theft Warning – A warning is provided through a siren upon unauthorized entry.
- Speed Alert Warning – This provides a warning when the vehicle speed reaches 140kmph.
- Anti-Pinch Smart Window – This smart window on the driver’s side detects obstructions during window roll-up and automatically rolls down the glass.
Comfort & Convenience:
- New Height Adjuster on driver’s seat – allows the driver to adjust the seat height as per his convenience.
- New Hydraulic-assisted Bonnet – helps you lift the bonnet without any effort whatsoever.
- New Power Window Controls now come mounted on all door arm rest in the New Generation Scorpio to add to your convenience.
- New Rear AC Vents – ensure uniform and efficient cooling for the rear passengers as well.
- Steering-mounted Cruise Control – maintains the speed of the New Generation Scorpio at your preset level without ever pressing the accelerator.
- Steering mounted Audio Controls – allow you to control the audio system without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
- Electric ORVMs – ORVMs can be easily adjusted with electric controls inside the cabin from the driver’s seat.
- Headlamps with Follow me home & lead me to the vehicle feature – The headlamps remain ON for some time after locking/unlocking the vehicle. This illuminates the path for walking conveniently up to your home or to your New Generation Scorpio.
The New Generation Scorpio will be available in multiple seating configurations allowing owners to choose from 7, 8 & 9 seater options to match their needs. It is available at Mahindra dealerships starting September 25th 2014 in 5 attractive colour options (namely Diamond White, Fiery Black, Mist Silver, New Molten Red and New Regal Blue) and 7 variants (S2, S4, S4+, S6, S6+ S8, S10).
The price for Scorpio S2, S4, S6, S8 and S10 are 8.38L, 8.99L, 10.20L, 11.30L and 11.93L respectively.
Stay Connected With us!!