- No-pre acceptance medical screening required
- Guaranteed life – long renewal
- Policyholder entitled to a 10 % discount on premium on producing Specific medical reports
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd, the first stand-alone health insurance company in India has today launched their revised ‘Senior Citizens’ Red Carpet’, with the aim of enhancing health insurance solutions for the senior citizens in the country. Any individual between the age of 60 to 75 years can purchase this policy. The policy is specially designed to cater to the medical needs of senior citizens.
This policy has the following benefits:
- No pre-acceptance medical screening: No pre-acceptance medical screening irrespective of the age of the person and the sum insured opted.
- Cover for medical consultation: Expenses on medical consultation as an Out Patient incurred in network hospitals at Rs. 200 per consultation and ranging from Rs. 600 to Rs. 1400 in the policy period
- Cover for pre-existing diseases: Pre-existing conditions/diseases will be covered after 12 months since the issuance of the policy with the company
- Post-hospitalization cover: Consultation fee, surgeon’s fee, specialist’s fee, diagnostic charges etc are covered up to 7% of the hospitalization expenses incurred capped at Rs 5000
Speaking on the launch, Mr. V. Jagannathan, Chairman cum Managing Director at Star Health and Allied Insurance Company, Chennai, India said “At Star Health, we constantly try to ensure that our customers receive offerings that are at pace with their changing needs and demand in the environment. We innovate and deliver superior products that provide solutions and enhance customer satisfaction. The elderly population in India is rising. Currently, almost 95 million people in India are above the age of 60 and 8 million people are above the age of 80. Also, in the coming years, it is expected that about another 80 million will reach the age of 60. With the increase in the cost of healthcare expenses, the best way to secure the health for senior citizens is by purchasing a senior citizen insurance policy. The new Senior Citizens’ Red Carpet underlines Star Health’s commitment to the Indian health insurance industry and their support in helping the senior citizens live healthier and happier lives.”
Other significant features of the product are:
- Wide range of sum insured: In addition to the existing sum insured options up-to Rs5 lacs two new options introduced – Rs7.5Lacs and Rs10Lacs
- Life Long renewal – Lifelong coverage is assured if the policy is renewed continuously
- Cover for emergencies- Ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital up to a sum of Rs.600/- per hospitalization with an overall limit of Rs.1200/- per policy period.