20th CII Chandigarh Fair all set to woo shoppers from 6-9 Nov at Chandigarh
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : As Diwali is round the corner, the wait for the much awaited shopping festival of the region is over, as Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)’s flagship event CII Chandigarh Fair is all set to commence tomorrow (6th November 2015) at Parade Ground, Sector 17 Chandigarh.
Scheduled from 6 – 9 November, with Ample Furniture Mall and Paradigm Group as the event sponsors; NABARD as the as the event co-sponsor; Religare Health Insurance as the Principal Sponsor; Gupta Builders and Promoters (GBP Group), IOCL as Associate Sponsors; Bittu Fashioners, Bajwa Developers, SBI, and SBOP as the Associate Co-Sponsors and supported by National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), the four-day fair is special as it enters the 20th year and will be spread over 16,000 sqm, hosting a record 400 exhibitors in 15 concurrent shows including Real Estate, Auto Show, Home Décor, Kitchenware, Consumer durables, Finmart, International Arcade, States of India, and, a new show Daksh India which would provide livelihood opportunities for small scale self-employed people living in the rural areas of India by helping them market their handicrafts.
To be formally inaugurated by Mr Vijay Kumar Dev, Adviser to the UT Administrator, at 2:30 pm on Friday, 6th Nov, the fair is all set to capture the nerve of family shoppers with large focus on interesting deals & discounts, free gifts, Diwali gifts, lucky draws and 360° promotions”, shared Mr Amarbir Singh, Chairman, CII Chandigarh Council.
“The fair will showcase a variety of products to choose from countries like Pakistan, Thailand, Korea, Chicago, UAE, etc besides finest products and consumer durables, glitzy gizmos of domestic and global top brands”, he informed.
“Exclusive range of home appliances from Chicago, USA will add more spark to the fest, in addition to special quilts and blankets from Korea and carpets, handicrafts, utility items, home decoration furniture & furnishings, special dry fruits etc from UAE, and Thailand. Exhibitors from Korea, UAE and Chicago, USA are participating for the first time”, he added.
Giving details about the Fair, Mr Pikender Pal Singh, Regional Director, CII NR, shared that “The fair promises to be a true shopping platform for residents. It has always been CII’s endeavour to bring the best of products with latest technologies and variety to the residents under one roof. Every stall will offer something different to the shoppers”.
“We have worked with NABARD and KVIC for the ‘Social Expo’ – a display for the small-scale entrepreneurs and artisans, NGOs, and Self Help Groups (SHGs) to give them a platform to sell their handmade articles. The Social Expo Pavilion will offer variety of products from NABARD and KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission)”, added Mr Singh.
Major (New) Highlights
- UP participating for the first time
States of India pavilion would, for the first time, feature hundreds of artisans from Uttar Pradesh (Badohi, Agra, Moradabad, Kanpur, Barielly & Lucknow), apart from Rajasthan, West Bengal and Goa displaying handicrafts & craft products.
- Daksh India as a new show: An exclusive show to promote the crafts of Rural India is bringing in decorative items from Cottage Emporium & TRIFED for the first time.
- Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH): 8 departments would be participating and propagating healthy practices including LIVE demo of Yoga asanas and spread awareness aboutAYUSH as an effective alternative medicine for the first time ever
- Major attraction for Housewives: Exclusive, unique & widest range of home & furniture from AMPLE Mall, Smart Sewing Machines by USHA, LIVE Kitchen set up by IFB, Fully automatic Washing Machines by Bosch, Luxury Refrigerators from Godrej.
- 4 wheeler display: Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota, Renault, Honda to launch new hybrid vehicles
- Special Attraction – Major display by Honda 2 wheelers for the first time ever
- Tickle your taste buds with the finest dining from Green Tomatoes & street food from north to south Indian, including Punjabi and Kashmiri delicacies
- The Realcon would feature specially discounted offers from Chandigarh City Centre, GBP, SBP Homes, JLPL, ATS, Emaar MGF, Sushma Towers, WWICS, Maya Garden, DLF, Burj One, Bee Gee Buildtec, TDI, Omaxe etc.
Fair Dates – 6- 9 November 2015
Venue – Parade Ground, Sector 17, Chandigarh
Timings – 10 am – 7:45 pm