6 hacks that will help you land the best recliner chairs : With the increasing assortment of recliners available, choosing the right recliner has become a difficult task. There are a number of factors which one has to take into account before buying one. It is not just about the aesthetics, but the shape, size, and the comfort.
- Choose the right size: The physical space allotted to the recliner will determine to a large extent the type and size of the recliner you will be buying next. The recliner must be such that it must fit your shape as well. This can be easily found, by sitting down on them. Also opt for a recliner which has multiple features, such as the one which allows one to adjust the recliner, thereby taking the pressure off the knees.
- Comfort and longevity: The right recliner will stay with you for years, and provide you with comfort and support. The average recliner lasts up to 10 years with regular usage. While the quality recliners may cost more, it is better to opt for them even if the initial pinch in the pocket hurts more.
- Find your style preference: Recliners come in various designs and materials, making it easier for the user to decide upon one. One recliner chair type in the vogue currently is the garden swing chair. There are others as well, such as the trigger action recliners, which are suited to those with less upper body strength. The power recliner, as the name suggests, is powered by electricity for a smooth reclining.
- Decide the most important features: Once you have figured out the type of recliner, decide upon the functionalities you would like to have. There are a number of features to look out for, such as complete body and lumbar support. Another popular feature is the “articulating head rest”, which cradles the head and neck in the reclining position to provide the highest level of comfort.
- Manual or electric: Manual recliners are based on a simple mechanism, which operates by a handle or lever on the side of the chair, which repositions the seat. They are low maintenance, unlike their electric counterparts. However, they are not suited to users with mobility issues.
Electric recliners work on an electric motor which pushes the back while extending the front to support the legs. The motor works silently in the background. The motor needs to be serviced regularly, to work smoothly.
- Opt for the classic, if confused: If all this stumps you, then the best option is to stick to the classical. Choose the one which is style-neutral, so that it can survive the changes in style and trends while withstanding wear and tear.
One of the best ways to buy one is the traditional brick and mortar store, where one can experience the furniture before buying it. However, recliner chairs from Urban Ladder have become a hit with the buyers, due to the wide variety offered and the affordable prices.