DMER Maharashtra: NEET merit list (UG) to be released today

0
1112

The NEET 2017 provisional merit list for admissions to MBBS/ BDS and other Health Science courses in Maharashtra will be published on July 12, Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra has notified. DMER Maharashtra has been authorised by State government for regulating the online admission process in undergraduate Medical & Health Science courses. DMER will admit the students on the basis of NEET UG 2017 result to the seats limiting to 85% State-quota.

The State CET Cell, Mumbai is conducting the admission process for all Health Science courses and accordingly, the students belonging to Maharashtra State & qualified in NEET UG 2017 were asked to submit the online application for admission under State quota. The application process started on June 28 and got finished on July 10. Now, as per the schedule provided by DMER Maharashtra, the provisional NEET merit list will be published. DMER merit list will be for all the courses – MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP, BP & O & B.Sc. Nursing.

The provisional state merit list for seats under State quota in Government/ Corporation and all the quota seats in Private/ Minority colleges will be published on DMER website on July 12 (Wednesday). The provisional merit list is to be prepared on the basis of information submitted by the candidates during the application process. NEET merit list 2017 Maharashtra state will be available on the official websites www.dmer.org and www.mahacet.org.

Also Read :   Health check up camp by Rotary Club New Chandigarh

Once the provisional NEET merit list is published, the candidates featured in the list will have to appear for document verification. As per the schedule provided so far, the document verification starts July 14 onward. DMER has set up four centres for document verification:

  • Mumbai – Grant Government Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai
  • Pune – B.J. Government Medical College, Pune
  • Aurangabad – Government Medical College, Aurangabad
  • Nagpur – Government Medical College, Nagpur

After the verification of documents, DMER/ State CET Cell will publish the revised provisional merit list on July 24 and the candidates will be provided four-day window to enter the choices of institutions. The online preferences filled by the candidates will be centrally process and the list of selected candidates will be declared. DMER is yet to publish the complete schedule of NEET MBBS counselling 2017.

NEET UG 2017 was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education on May 7 and the results were announced on June 23. Admissions to 100% MBBS/ BDS & other allied courses will be done on the basis of merit of NEET UG only, of which 85% state-quota seats are to be filled by the state authorities. The remaining 15% seats fall under All-India quota and the counselling for same has already been started by the Medical Counselling Committee.

Also Read :   JMD Medico has launched Arthorex Gain; Say Good Bye to Pain

In NEET UG 2017, total 10,90,085 candidates had appeared and 6,11,539 were declared qualified. From Maharashtra State, only 1 student could make it to Top 25 candidates. Abhishek Dogra of Pune secured All India Rank 5 by scoring 691 out of 720 marks. It was his first attempt in the National Eligibility and Entrance Test.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here