Make it easy for your friends and family to buy you the perfect wedding gift by setting up a wishlist at ForMyShaadi.com
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Looks like the perfect gifting website for the well informed, discerning urban Indian consumer is here. ForMyShaadi.com is India’s first comprehensive wedding gift registry website, specially designed for this new age generation that is now ready to embrace traditional notions with a contemporary and practical approach. Simply put, ForMyShaadi helps engaged couples communicate their gift preferences to their wedding guests. The concept is very popular internationally, and makes it a lot easier for friends and family to buy the perfect wedding gift for their loved ones.
The ethos behind ForMyShaadi.com is simple. Statistics reveal that approximately 10 million weddings take place in India each year. While the industry servicing these weddings is highly fragmented with specialist florists, caterers, decorators etc, the wedding gifting space has been grossly overlooked in India. When couples perform all the wedding planning chores with great vigour, why is it that they hesitate in asking for their preferred gifts, that too from their loved ones? After all the grand celebrations, the couple is left with a bulk of unimaginative wedding gifts like cash, mundane ‘pass-on’ gifts or gifts that the couple getting married don’t really need or want. With ForMyShaadi.com, wedding gifting in India is about to become a lot more sensible and pragmatic.
ForMyShaadi.com – The simple steps to get the ‘gift of choice’
* Couples will visit the FMSportal and create their personalized registry page where they browse and build a wish list of products and experiences and share the page with their guests via email/SMS.
* The guests can view the couple’s wish-listed items and make the purchase online on FMS.
* All the gifts will be aggregated by FMS, packaged beautifully and delivered in one shot to the couple after their wedding on a pre-decided date.
With the advent of online shopping, an online wedding gift registry site will not only open up a plethora of options for engaged couples, but will also take away the stress of choosing the right gift for the newlyweds. The Shop categories at ForMyShaadi focus on premium products as well as exclusive experiences. The website already boasts of brands ranging from the experiential like Ananda in the Himalayas, Bombay Canteen and L’occitane Spas to brands in the home segment like Apartment 9, Chroma, Magppie Home Accessories, Elvy lifestyle and even brands in the personal gifting space like Ethos watches, Amethyst by Rahul Popli, William Penn etc.
Why Choose ForMyShaadi.com?
* The product portfolio consists of a wide array of not only products and vouchers to top brands, but also unique services and curated experiences – right from dinner sets, silver items and apparel to vouchers for gyms and fine dining experiences, there’s something for everyone, all under one (virtual) roof!
* The gift registry can open as early as two months before the wedding, and stays open for a period of six weeks post the wedding – allowing the couple to track their registry and buy unpurchased items from their registry.
* High value items that are over Rs 10,000 can be chipped-in for by multiple friends who may or may not know each other.
* It’s a highly interactive website where guests who are purchasing from the couples wishlist can leave their wishes and comments for the couple. The couples in turn can return to the portal to view these wishes and can send thank you notes to their guests via the portal.
There’s something for everyone and every budget. The simplistic design of the website, www.ForMyShaadi.com, along with its ease of navigation and operations simplifies the entire process and makes it easy for the uninitiated.
ForMyShaadi.com was founded by a Delhi-based consultant-turned-wedding gift connoisseur Sudha Maheshwari. With cultivated business acumen and an impeccable sense of consumer appetite, it was Sudha’s vision to transform the landscape of wedding gifting in India. She owes this expertise to her enriching experience working for esteemed companies like Citibank, Deloitte and Philip Morris and spending her free time helping friends and family find perfect gifts. This management professional quit her lucrative job to tread the unexplored territory of tailor-made gifts. Sudha, who works with a small, core team says, “We are a bunch of pragmatic people who wonder why this method of gifting isn’t already a norm and have pledged to dedicate the next few years of our lives to ensure that it is – for the sake of everyone’s sanity!”