NewZNew (Ludhiana) : Extending its commitment to make safe riding an everyday habit for two-wheeler riders, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) in association with the Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana today inaugurated it’s first-ever Children Traffic Training Park in Punjab, in Ludhiana.
Present at the inauguration, were Mr. Ghanshyam Thori – Commissioner-Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana, Mr. Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria – Mayor, Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana and
Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria – Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI).
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President-Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Under ‘People Come First’ philosophy, road safety promotion has been Honda’s top priorities worldwide since 1970. In India too, we follow safety as an integral part of all our business activities. Through various road safety initiatives, we have educated more than 9 lac individuals including women and kids.
I express my sincere thanks to the Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana for providing Honda 2Wheelers India an opportunity to extend our road-safety awareness initiatives here. This park is yet another step in our efforts to make the roads of Ludhiana safer.”
Key initiatives by Honda at the Children Traffic Training Park, Model Town, Ludhiana will include:
- 100% learning with 0% stress as the specially designed Honda’s Children Traffic Training Park, Model Town, Ludhiana replicates real-life riding conditions but in an organized and secure environment.
- Honda’s judicious mix of practical riding experience with theoretical knowledge of correct riding posture, traffic signs and rules.
- Higher degree of rider comfort and confidence as expert Honda Safety instructors (both female & male) will educate riders on the correct riding techniques.
- Learning becomes fun with Honda’s Proprietary riding trainer – a virtual riding simulator will help people above 13 years of age to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding on road. The biggest advantage for new riders is that virtual experience will significantly increase their ability to predict & react to traffic hazards.
- Customized road safety modules for children – Being the key influencers in every family. For 9-12 year old kids, Honda has brought in the imported CRF 50 motorcycle. This will help the young minds grasp safe riding concept through the exciting practical riding.
- Dream Riding Initiative – Under this unique initiative, women riders will be imparted practical training to empower their freedom of movement free of cost! From a team of Honda’s dedicated female safety instructors, women riders can learn two-wheeler riding in just 4 hours by simply registering at @email@example.com or dial +91-8196067600. The initiative will help many Ludhiana women realize their dream of becoming independent riders.
The existing Children Traffic Training Park at Model Town, has been specially renovated by Honda in association with the Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana. This is Honda’s 10th Traffic Training tie-up after Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola- Nashik, Hyderabad, and Road Safety Education Center in Indore where more than 3 lac people have benefitted from the road-safety modules including women & children in less than 3 years.