- Largest branch network among private sector banks in the country with a presence in over 2300 locations
- Also inaugurates 1000th self-service kiosk for cash deposit
- Longest branch working hours from 9am – 6pm. Specialised branches open from 8am to 8pm
- First bank in the country with 100 digital ‘Touch Banking’ branches, available 24×7, on all days
- 52% of the branches are dedicated to serving rural and semi-urban customers.
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank, today announced the inauguration of its 4000th bank branch at Sector 37 in Chandigarh, thereby becoming the first private sector bank in the country to achieve this milestone.
The Bank’s branch footprint covers 2300 locations across the country from Sopore in Jammu & Kashmir to Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu to Naliya in Gujarat and Mokokchung in Nagaland.
Speaking at the inauguration, Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank said, “We believe that a wide branch network is a cornerstone of retail banking. We also know from research that one of the primary factors that customers use to choose a bank is the proximity of the branch to their residence or place of work. It also helps deepen the relationship with the customer as it forms a focal point for a range of products & services like mortgages, other loans and investments. Today’s important milestone is yet another step towards providing our customers improved access and proximity to the Bank’s services. 52% of our branches are in rural and semi-urban areas, which is also a testimony of our commitment towards financial inclusion in the country.
We are among the pioneers in evolving newer branch models suited to the changing environment and various customer segments. These vary from the longest branch banking hours from 9am to 6pm, even upto 8pm at select locations to the largest network in the country of fully automated, 24×7 ‘Touch Banking’ branches. The Bank also has 450 ‘Gramin’ branches and its mobile ‘Branch – On – Wheels’ for servicing remote unbanked villages which so far did not have any bank branch. We service around half-a-million customers daily at our branches and are fully committed to expand our branch network even further. We will add over 400 branches in the next fiscal, which is equivalent to the branch network of a small bank.”
The Bank also announced the inauguration of its 1000th self-service kiosk for accepting cash at its Santacruz branch in Mumbai. Part of its branch automation strategy, these kiosks enable anyone (account holder or not) to deposit cash in an ICICI Bank account in a completely automated manner with the account receiving instant credit. This is in lieu of filling up pay-in-slip and manual cash deposit at the teller counter. To avail this service, users have to simply use their debit card and pin or enter the account number in the kiosk. Available across 390 cities, over one fourth of these kiosks are available round-the-clock on all days.
The milestone of 4000 branches comes close on the heels of a slew of technology led services introduced by the Bank to digitize its branches, including:
- ‘Touch Banking’ branches: These fully automated branches are available 24×7, on all days. 100 such branches are available across 33 cities in the country. To know more, visit http://www.touchbanking.in
- ‘Video Banking’: This mobile app enables the Bank’s Wealth customers to carry out a video chat with the customer care executives round-the-clock on all days from anywhere. Using the app, the customers can resolve their day-to-day banking queries and get information related to products and offers.
- Service by Appointment: A simple, real-time online appointment booking system that allows Wealth & Privilege banking customers to choose their desired banking service, time & location at select branches thereby resulting in minimal wait time
- ‘InstaBanking’ app: A first-of-its- kind app in the country, it aims to reduce time spent in filling up paper work for commonly used transactions in a bank branch. Using this app, customers can process their desired transactions any time, upto seven days prior to visiting the branch.
- ‘InstaBanking’ self-service kiosks: These allow quick access to transactions like view & print of bank statements, balance enquiry, updation of contact details, opening of fixed deposits among others
- mPassbook:This app helps customers to view their recent savings, credit card and PPF account transactions on their mobile phone itself. This app shows the transactions even without mobile internet services.
- Self-service kiosks for accepting cash
The new branch at Chandigarh will remain open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. It offers a comprehensive range of deposits, savings and current accounts, home loans, loan against property, gold loans, auto loans, personal loans along with NRI services and locker facility. The Bank has close to 180 branches in Punjab and 20 in Chandigarh.
The Bank also has a wide network of 12,091 ATMs spread across the country (at December 31, 2014).The bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs, call center, internet banking, mobile banking, banking on Facebook and Twitter. It’s branches also bring unabated customer convenience for its premium customers with close to 100 Wealth Management branches and lounges.