Mahindra Launches the Stylish & Thrilling New XUV300 : Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $20.7 billion Mahindra Group, today launched its highly-anticipated new SUV, the XUV300 (pronounced as XUV 3 double ‘Oh’) at an ex-showroom starting price of Rs. 7.90 lac for the Petrol W4 variant and Rs. 8.49 lac for the Diesel W4 variant (one price applicable across India).
The XUV300’s head-turning, cheetah-inspired design, ‘fun-to-drive’ performance, best-in-segment safety features, first-in-segment hi-tech features and class-defining interiors, make it an exciting & comprehensive package. It will be available in both petrol and diesel engine options.
The XUV300 comes in 3 variants W4, W6 and W8, and one optional pack on the W8 variant. It is available in 6 monotone colours & 2 dual tone colours: Red Rage, Aqua Marine, Sunburst Orange, Pearl White, Napoli Black, D-Sat Silver, Dual Tone White roof on Red Rage and Aqua Marine (only on W8 optional pack).
According to Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group “The XUV brand when launched in 2011 was an inflection moment in our automotive journey. Today, as we launch the XUV300, we take the aspirational levels higher. Based on the X100 platform of SsangYong, the XUV300 is a true blue global product which combines Korean technology with Indian innovation and finesse. The XUV300 would appeal to all, specially today’s millennial, who would cherish the vehicle’s fun-to-drive nature.”
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, M&M Ltd. said “The XUV300 is our latest offering in the next generation of aspirational Mahindra vehicles, after the Marazzo and the Alturas G4. XUV300 represents a bold new direction for our automotive products, one that offers our customers unmatched quality and a truly refined user experience. The XUV300 is an all-new product that is built on a global platform that will delight customers.”
Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., mentioned, “The XUV300 is poised to emerge as a winner in the compact SUV segment with its unmatched safety features, impressive drivability & ride comfort, many segment-first hi-tech features, luxurious space to seat 5 people and best-in-segment fit and finish.”
ABOUT THE XUV300
The XUV300 is a potent combination of cheetah-inspired design and breath-taking performance. Armed with free-flowing torque and nimble-footed manoeuvrability, the sheer joy of driving this SUV kicks in the moment you step on the accelerator pedal. All this, and an arsenal of best-in-segment safety and technology features, make it one of the most exciting SUVs you’ll find on Indian roads.
The XUV300 shares its platform with the SsangYong Tivoli which is a globally successful product that has sold over 2.6 lakh units in 50+ countries since its launch in 2015. The Tivoli has also received multiple safety and ergonomic awards including a Grade 1 safety award from the 2015 KNCAP (Korean New Car Assessment Program), automotive safety test.
Heart-stopping exhilaration comes in Petrol & Diesel turbo-charged powertrains that deliver best-in-segment torque. Whatever you choose, the XUV300 promises searing acceleration in an instant. Also, the 6-speed transmission efficiently utilises engine power and torque over a wide operating range, ensuring thrills throughout. That’s not all, the XUV300 offers the perfect balance of comfortable ride and confident handling for unbridled driving pleasure.
- 1.5L Turbo Diesel engine with electronic variable geometry charger: 85.8KW (115 BHP) power & 300 NM torque
- 1.2L Turbo Petrol engine: 81KW (110 BHP) power & 200 NM torque
- 6-speed transmission
- First-in-segment Smart Steering System: 3 steering modes allow you to customise the steering effort to suit your driving requirements. With the Comfort mode, glide through city traffic with ease. Or, satiate your need for thrill and adrenaline rush with the Sport mode.
The XUV300 offers Best-in-Segment safety features.
- First-in-segment 7 airbags including a knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
- First-in-segment* disc brakes on all 4 wheels (*Among Sub 4 meter Compact SUVs).
- First-in-segment front parking sensors
- First-in-segment heated ORVMs
- Electronic stability program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control. Together with Hill Start Assist.
- ABS & EBD standard across all variants
- Front & rear fog lamps
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Tyre-tronics (tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
- Seat belt reminder for all seats
- 3-point seat belt on all seats
CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
The XUV300 is home to an array of hi-tech features that take the driving experience to a whole new level. The XUV300 allows you to adjust the air temperature to create separate, customised environments for the driver and front passenger. With 3 memory slots for your preferred setting, you won’t waste time prepping up for your joyride.
- First-in-segment Dual-Zone Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- 17.78 cm (7”) Touchscreen Infotainment system with GPS navigation, Apple Car Play & Android Auto, ECOSENSE Technology with social media connectivity, Micro Hybrid system
- Push Button Start/Stop
- Rear Parking Camera with dynamic assist & 3 park assist modes
- Steering-Mounted Phone & Audio Controls
- Blue Sense APP with smart watch connectivity
- Cruise control
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- Multi-colour configurable instrument cluster
- Tyre position display
HEAD-TURNING, CHEETAH-INSPIRED DESIGN
With its aggressive front grille, chiselled body and imposing stance, the XUV300 always looks ready to charge. Its projector headlamps and striking LED Daytime Running Lamps leave a lasting impression. While its unique LED tail lamps create an indelible visual signature. Add to this the sporty, 43.18 cm Diamond Cut Alloys, and you have an SUV that meets every demand of the urban jungle, in style.
- Stylish dual-tone colours (only on W8 optional pack)
- Floating roof design
- Striking led DRLs
- Aggressive front grille
- Unique LED taillamps
- Sporty 43.18 cm diamond cut alloys
- Classy dual-tone roof rails
- Sturdy side cladding
Follow us at :
Ample space welcomes you inside the XUV300. Its spacious cabin, with Best-in-Segment width of 1,821mm, Longest-in-Segment wheelbase of 2,600mm and a flat floor can comfortably seat 3 passengers in the 2nd row. While the finely crafted, dual-tone dashboard and a sophisticated, electric sunroof with anti-pinch function, elevate the standard of luxury to new heights. Premium leatherette seats with well-designed bolsters, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a racing ready gear knob await you.
- Electric sunroof with anti-pinch function
- Premium grey leatherette upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering & gear knob
- Dual-tone black & beige dashboard
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- 60:40 2nd row split seat
- Flat floor in 2nd row
- Adjustable boot floor
- Height-adjustable front seat belts
- Thoughtful storage spaces: multi-purpose central console storage, illuminated glove box, bottle holders on all doors, cupholders in rear centre armrest
XUV300: SYNOPSIS OF KEY FEATURES
BEST-IN-SEGMENT SAFETY FEATURES
- First-in-segment 7 Airbags, All 4 disc brakes, Front Parking Sensors, Heated ORVMs
- Electronic Stability Program with Roll Over Mitigation & Hill Start Assist
- ABS & EBD Standard Across All Variants
- Front & Rear Fog Lamps
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
- Tyre-tronics (Tyre Pressure & Temperature Monitoring System)
- Seat Belt Reminder For All Seats
BEST IN SEGMENT TORQUE
- Available in Petrol and Diesel engine options
- Highest Torque in segment of 300 Nm for Diesel & 200 Nm for Petrol
- Segment highest power of 115 BHP from Turbo-charged 1.5L Diesel engine
- Comparative power of 110 BHP from Turbo-charged 1.2L Petrol engine
- 6-speed Transmission
FIRST IN SEGMENT HI-TECH FEATURES
- First-in-segment Dual-zone FATC, Heated ORVMs, Smart Steering System with Normal, Comfort & Sport Modes, ECOSENSE Technology, Micro Hybrid Technology
- Electric Sunroof with Anti-Pinch function
- 17.78 cm Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS Navigation, Apple CarPlay & Android AutoTM
- Push Button Start/Stop
- Rear Parking Camera With Dynamic Assist
- Power Foldable ORVMs with LED Turn Indicators
- Steering Mounted Phone/ Audio Controls & Cruise Control
- Blue Sense APP with Smart Watch Connectivity
- Smart Rain & Light Sensors
- Aggressive, Chrome Front Grille
- Projector Headlamps with Striking LED DRLs & Stylish LED Tail lamps
- Sporty 43.18 cm Diamond Cut Alloys
- Floating roof design, Classy Dual-Tone Roof Rails & Sturdy Side Cladding
- Widest in segment (1,821mm) with longest wheelbase of 2,600mm. Luxurious space for 3 passengers in the rear
- Premium Leatherette Upholstery plus Leather-wrapped Steering/ Gear Knob
- Chrome Inside Door Handles
- Dual-Tone Black & Beige Dashboard
- Height-Adjustable Driver Seat
- 60:40 2nd Row Split seat, Flat Floor In 2nd Row