- The new MY 16 E-Class is a true ‘Intelligent Superpower’ with enhanced equipment
- MY 16 E-Class carries on the refined sportiness, exemplary safety, superior handling and energizing comfort
- The E-Class remains the largest selling model in the Mercedes-Benz portfolio globally: more than 13 million E-Class sedans and estates sold worldwide; 30,000 units of the E-Class sedan sold till date in India
- New equipment includes New Telematics with bigger screen (20.3cm), reverse camera and optionally available GARMIN MAP PILOT navigation
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Continuing the strategy of providing customers with an enriched portfolio and value driven products, Mercedes-Benz India today introduced the new MY 16 E-Class. The ‘Intelligent Superpower’, the new E-Class now features additional equipment to make it more appealing and derive more value for the customers.
The E-Class retains the dual distinction of being the highest selling luxury sedan in India and also the highest selling product in Mercedes-Benz India’s portfolio in India, with over 30,000 units on Indian roads.
Mr. Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented on the introduction of the MY 16 E-Class, “The E-Class remains our highest selling luxury sedan in India and with the introduction of the refreshed MY 16 E-Class, we offer our discerning customers additional value in form of enhanced equipment. We are confident; with the MY 16 E-Class we will continue to consolidate our lead in the segment. Introducing the latest products and technologies and periodically refreshing the existing ones is vital to winning customer confidence. At Mercedes-Benz, our key focus is aligned to offer our customers feature rich, top-end product that embodies modern luxury to its core.”
Enhanced equipment in the MY 16 E-Class:
New Telematics with Navi ready function:
The MY 16 E-Class is equipped with the New Telematics multimedia system that combines entertainment, infotainment and communication. This Audio 20 Telematics is equipped with internet capability, pre installation for navigation, radio, Bluetooth and CD player. The latest Telematics version also introduces the high resolution colour media display (20.3 cm). The other features of the New Telematics version are:
- USB ports and a SD card slot in the centre console
- Navigation pre installation for GARMIN MAP PILOT navigation
- Integrated Media Interface port for iPod® or iPhone®
- Bluetooth® interface with hands-free function and audio streaming for playing music files
- Transfer of addresses from mobile phone to head unit
Garmin® MAP PILOT navigation: With user-friendly navigation, precise map data and excellent route guidance, the Garmin® MAP PILOT brings all the familiar benefits of a Garmin® navigation system to the New Telematics version of E-Class . The navigation software and map data is now set on a SD memory card.
Key elements of the GARMIN Maps are:
- 7,068 cities mapped at a street level and residential house level data for 80 cities
- Over 10.63 million POIs. 3D terrain-, building- and landmark view
- 2.1 million kms of road length
- Photo-realistic junction view and lane assist
- 579 thousand towns and villages
- 360°rotation function
The new MY 16 E-Class is equipped with a reverse camera which facilitates comfortable reverse parking and manoeuvring. The dynamic guide lines assist the driver with driving manoeuvres and adds to the convenience while parking.
The E 200 is priced at 48.50 lakhs, the E 250 CDI is priced at 50.70 lakhs and the E 350 CDI is priced at 59.90 lakhs (prices ex-showroom Delhi) and available for sales in dealerships across the country.