NewZNew (Chandigarh) :The country’s largestluxury car maker Mercedes-Benzlaunched the much anticipated luxury SUV, thenew GLC ‘Edition 1’in New Delhi today. The GLC is introduced as a CBU and will be available in both petrol and diesel variants, the GLC 220 d and GLC 300 will give itsdiscerning customerbase in India a choice of engines.The GLC is Mercedes-Benz’s key product that never had a predecessor in India,positioning itself between the GLA and GLE luxury SUVs. The GLC is an illustration of excellent craftsmanship of high quality materials in combination with a classy and authentic design that attracts immediate attention. With the introduction of the GLC, Mercedes-Benz India continues its product offensive strategy and bolsters its versatile range of luxury SUVs. The luxury SUV was launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said: “We are very excited to launch the GLC‘Edition 1’, as it is one of the much anticipated products in the luxury segment in India. The GLCunderscores our philosophy of introducing world-class products from our global portfoliofor our discerning Indian customers. We have seen a growing penchant for luxury SUVs amongst the luxury car customers in India and the addition of the GLC is going to redefine the segment completely. The GLC gives the customers a sporty, dynamic and a completely new generation SUV to opt for. We are confident that the GLC will cement Mercedes-Benz’s strong presence in the luxury SUV segment in India. The introduction of the GLC also fills the gap in our SUV portfolio, making Mercedes-Benz the luxury car manufacturer with the most extensive range of SUVs, ranging from the GLA to the iconic AMG G 63.”
Folger further added, “The GLC is a unique and versatile SUV that embodies modern luxury, mesmerizing design elements and offers ultimate driving pleasure. The GLC is a highlycapable SUV which has proven competencies on both on-road and off-road expeditions.Living up to the safety benchmark set by Mercedes-Benz;the GLC has achieved five stars, giving it the maximum score in the Euro NCAP rating.We are confident that the GLC will replicate its global success in India as well. With the GLC, we have a clear winner of a product and one that the customers have been waiting for.”
Sturdy and reliable:
The sturdy look of the new GLC showcases the radiator trim and two louvres in matt iridium silver with chrome inserts.The characteristic SUV front with a short, succinct overhang, upright, three-dimensional radiator grille with a twin louvre and centrally positioned brand star follows the successful new design line, striking LED High Performance lamps lend the GLC a self-confident look which is further emphasized by their distinctive night design.The side impression is further reinforced by the gently sloping dropping line which is a hallmark of the brand and by the powerful shoulders. The rising lower feature line also enlivens the vehicle’s side view.The rear is characterized by the broad, muscular shoulders, the horizontal orientation of the contour lines and the split LED rear lamps featuring a distinctive night design.To add to the alluring exclusive appeal of the GLC, there is an ‘Edition 1’ badging on the wings. The GLC sports 45.7 cm (18-inch) 5-spoke Alloy wheelsthat further enhance the sporty appeal of the SUV.
The GLC hastrendsetting interiors, which reinterprets the meaning of luxury to exciting effect. The interior offers contrasting topstitching, large areas of trim in high-gloss brown linestructure lime wood and numerous details in silver chrome. The exclusively stylish GLC further surprises its customers’ withan interior light package for an even more comprehensive lighting system for the interior and improved visibility of the vehicle itself.
The comfortably spacious GLC has plenty of room for five occupants. The new aesthetic design idiom combines sensual purity with dynamic sportiness and embodies a new interpretation of modern luxury. The GLC’s interior conjures up the feel-good atmosphere which is a brand hallmark courtesy of high-class materials featuring a hand-crafted character, such as nappa leather or open-pore wood trim, meticulously finished details and an appealing overall touch and feel.Last but not least, substantially more space is available for occupants and luggage. Cargo bars are present behind the rear seat backrest to enlarge the luggage compartment by 30 litres and easy accessibility is provided by the EASY-PACK-tailgate.
Exhilarating power and performance:
|Technical specifications||GLC 300 4MATIC|
|Displacement (bore x stroke) cc||1991|
|Rated output kW (hp)||180 (245) @ 5500|
|Torque (Nm) @ rpm||370 @ 1300 – 4000|
|Maximum speed (km/h)||222|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s)||6.5|
|Tyre size||235/60 R18|
Cost of ownership for the GLC:
The GLC comes with affordable and convenient service packages. Based on the consumers’ needs and preferences, service packages of various age & mileages are introduced. The standard packages start at just Rs.63, 000 for the petrol variant and Rs. 78,000 for the diesel variant. These new standard packages are offered with unlimited mileage(a first in the luxury car segment) covering maintenance related jobs. These customer focused packages offering various options and flexibility, can last up to 10 years from the date of sale, for a hassle free ownership experience.
Key Product highlights:
- 9-G TRONIC: 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
- DYNAMIC SELECT Controller with 5 modes: Comfort, Eco, Sport, Sport +, Individual
- Individual driving style: Adjustment of parameters such as engine, transmission, steering, climate control or the ECO start/stop function
- Off-Road Engineering package: With this suspension variant the body is raised by 20 mm. Up to three off-road driving modes:Off-road | Incline | Slippery
- Modified drive characteristics especially on loose surfaces
- Additional activation of ABS, ESP® and ETS modes
- Downhill descents with Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR)
- 4MATIC permanent All-Wheel-Drive System
- Direct-Steer system with speed-sensitive power assist and variable steering ratio
- ECO start/stop function and KEYLESS GO starting function
- Audio 20 CD with Pre-installation for Navigation | CD player
- Touchpad: Intuitive operation by finger gesture
- Garmin® MAP PILOT: Expands the Audio 20 CD with touchpad into a fully fledged Garmin® navigation system| 7 inch colour media display
Comfort & Convenience:
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- MB Apps with internet connectivity
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control
- Ambient lighting with three colours and five dimming levels for the desired lighting mood
- Cargo bars behind the rear seat backrest to enlarge the luggage compartment by 30 litres
- Memory package for driver and front passenger
Safety and assistance systems:
The GLC has achieved five stars for occupant safety, child safety, pedestrian protection and its assistance systems – giving it the maximum score in the Euro NCAP rating. The basis for this outstanding result is the perfect interaction between active and passive safety: the combination of a highly rigid safety passenger cell, highly effective restraint systems, the latest driver assistance systems and other measures leads to first-class test results.
- ESP® Curve Dynamic Assist
- Full LED Headlamps with Intelligent Light System
- Crosswind assist
- Attention Assist
- Reversing camera with dynamic guidelines
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC
- Adaptive brake lights
- Dual front airbags, Front side airbags, Curtain airbags (7 overall)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system