- Mercedes-Benz records its best ever Q3, selling 4698 units in the July-September 2017 period (+41%, July-Sept 2016 period 3327 units)
- Mercedes-Benz sold more cars in the first three quarters of 2017, than it did in the entire 2014 (Jan-Dec 2014: 10,201 units)
- The Long Wheelbase E-Class Sedan remains the single highest selling model for Mercedes-Benz in 2017, followed closely by the C-Class Sedan
- Exceptionally high demand for the all-new Long Wheelbase E-Class Sedan continues to surpass the supply even after seven months of its India debut
- GLC emerges as the highest selling SUV in the portfolio, closely followed by the GLE
- Mercedes-Benz’s sedan and SUV portfolio Continues to grow at a rapid pace
- Ten fascinating products launched in the first three quarters of 2017; more exciting product interventions to follow in the remaining quarters
India’s largest luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz sustained its growth story in the Indian market by registering its best ever 3rd quarterly sales, primarily supported by an attractive product portfolio including an exceptionally high demand for the all New Long Wheelbase E-Class Sedan. Continuing its growth momentum from H1 2017 (Jan-June), Mercedes-Benz India registered a robust 41% growth by selling 4698 units in the July- Sep 2017 period. This growth also marks the brand’s highest ever sales in the January-September period with 11869 units, up by 19.6% (January-September 2016: 9924 units). The exceptionally strong sales performance in the Q3 2017, reiterates Mercedes-Benz’s consistent customer preference, which is a product of the relentless and customer centric approach adopted by the brand.
Sales success of the new Long Wheelbase E-Class Sedan continues: Mercedes-Benz India’s record sales growth is supported by a young and comprehensive product portfolio comprising the New Generation Cars, the sedans, the SUVs and the AMG cars. The Long Wheelbase E-Class Sedan continued its sales success across markets and continued to remain the single highest selling model for the brand in January-September 2017 period. The launch of the Long Wheelbase E 220 d proved to be strategic in enabling Mercedes-Benz to cater to the increasing demand of this segment benchmark luxury business sedan. Similarly, the C-Class and the S-Class continue to remain on top of customer preference.
The luxury SUV segment grew strongly and recorded a robust growth in the January-September 2017 period. The SUV growth was followed by the sedan segment which grew strongly in the Jan-Sep 2017 period. The dream cars and the high performance AMG models also sustained their growth momentum in the performance segment and achieved steady year on year growth.