- Segment first LED headlights with dynamic turn indicators
- Only car to offer quattro® permanent all-wheel drive in its segment
- Features steering mounted paddle shifters for the first time
- 35 TDI (130 kw) with seven-speed S tronic® transmission
- MMI® Navigation System and Parking System Plus with Rear View Camera
- Infotainment system includes Audi Music Interface, a 20 GB Jukebox, two SDHC slots, Bluetooth connectivity and streaming
- New Audi Q3 is priced at INR 28,99,000 onwards (ex-showroom New Delhi and Mumbai)
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Taking forward its string of exciting launches this year, Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer today introduced its incredibly popular Audi Q3 in a brand new avatar. Since its market launch in 2012, the Audi Q3 has been the most successful model in its segment and the new Audi Q3 ups the appeal with a refreshed design and a number of technical innovations. Priced at INR 28,99,000 onwards (ex-showroom New Delhi and Mumbai), the new Audi Q3 is available at all Audi dealerships across India.
“It’s no secret that the Audi Q3 is one of the most popular models in our product portfolio. The car has been a winner ever since its launch and still excites the young achievers. However, Audi believes in constant innovation and improvements and we are happy to bring the new Audi Q3 to our Audi enthusiasts. We are confident that the new Audi Q3 will bring in many new members to the Audi family much like it did since its launch and will further strengthen our dominance in the compact luxury segment in the land of quattro – India,” said Mr. Joe King, Head, Audi India.
The sculpted Singleframe grille is the defining element at the front of the car. The entire Singleframe on the new Audi Q3 is three-dimensionally styled, making it appear more sophisticated and striking. This also makes the vehicle appear wider, hugging the road closer and hence look sportier when viewed from the front. The Audi designers have honed the details of the coupé-like lines with the characteristic wrap-around tailgate in the new Audi Q3. Dominating horizontal lines up front and in the rear, underscore the width and give the new Audi Q3 an expressive design. New design 17 inch alloy wheels accentuate the exterior robustness of the new Audi Q3.
The headlights come with LED daytime running lights. For the first time on the new Audi Q3, LED headlights have been offered that are particularly bright and energy-efficient. Audi offers them in combination with the dynamic turn signals integrated into the likewise redesigned LED taillights. These intuitive turn signals illuminate sequentially within two-tenths of a second from the inside out in the direction the driver intends to turn.
Audi Drive Select on the new Audi Q3 enables the driver to adjust key engine, steering and transmission modules, to suit his or her personal driving preferences. The new Audi Q3 will also feature steering mounted paddle shifters for the first time to allow the driver to enjoy the sporty nature of the Audi Drive Select and the quick seven-speed S tronic® transmission. Audi has also included the Hill Descent Control function to improve the new Audi Q3’s off-roading prowess.
“The new Audi Q3 is our fifth launch for this year, after the Audi R8 LMX, the new Audi TT Coupé, the new Audi RS 7 Sportback and the Audi RS 6 Avant. We plan to launch ten new cars this year, which will include at least one new car in each segment of our comprehensive product portfolio. We have some more surprises in store and are gearing up to launch some exciting new models, “added Mr. Joe King.
The new Audi Q3 features a generous list of equipment. This can be supplemented with features taken directly from the luxury class, such as the LED interior lighting package and the power-adjustable front seats. The new Audi Q3 now comes with the MMI® Navigation System and Parking System Plus with Rear View Camera. The new Audi Q3 is also equipped with the Audi Sound System. The infotainment system includes Audi Music Interface, a 20 GB Jukebox, two SDHC slots, Bluetooth Connectivity and Streaming.
The new Audi Q3 offers plenty of space at all five seating positions. It’s clear ergonomics and the superior workmanship spell pure luxury. The cargo compartment of the new Audi Q3 has a capacity of 460 liters; by folding down the split rear seatbacks, this can be increased to 1,365 liters. The storage package on the new Audi Q3 helps in optimally using available utility space.
The chassis of the new Audi Q3 combines agile handling with supreme safety, and comprehensive fine-tuning has enhanced comfort even further. The new Audi Q3 comes with a comfort tuned suspension. In combination with the high-torque engine, the new Audi Q3 provides drivers with a good balance of comfortable motoring and sporty dynamics. McPherson front axle with lower aluminium wishbones and four-link rear axle with separate spring/damper configuration helps in providing superior ride comfort and promotes a sporty driving style.
The interiors of the new Audi Q3 feature a new Tangent Aluminium inlay to add on to its sporty looks. The interior controls and switches also sport elegant aluminium inserts to improve the overall look and feel.
The mirrors (Exterior and Interior) feature automatic anti-glare action for safe driving at nights. Other safety features include a flat tire indicator and six airbags.
The Audi model range in India includes the Audi A3 Sedan, Audi A3 Cabriolet, Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8 L, new Audi Q3, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi S4, Audi S6, Audi RS 5 Coupé, Audi RS 6 Avant, new Audi RS 7 Sportback, all-new Audi TT Coupé, Audi R8, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi R8 V10 plus and Audi R8 LMX.
At a glance: new Audi Q3
Concept, design and body
- Compact and luxurious, 4.39 meters in length with sporty lines
- New paint colors
- High-strength steels in the occupant cell, aluminum covers
- LED headlights and dynamic turn signals in the LED taillights
Engine and drivetrain
- 35 TDI (130 kw) with seven-speed S tronic® transmission
- S tronic® with freewheel function (with Audi Drive Select)
- quattro® permanent all-wheel drive
- Energy Recovery
- Electromechanical power steering
- Four-link rear suspension
- Chassis tuned for comfort
- Audi Drive Select
- New electronic stabilization control (ESC)
Interior and Controls
- Clear ergonomics, outstanding workmanship
- Exhaustive fine-tuning, new colors and trim lines
- Spacious rear seats; variable luggage compartment from 460 to 1,365 liters of capacity
- MMI® navigation
- Audi Sound System
- Voice Dialogue System
- Audi Parking System Plus with Rear View Camera
- Deluxe Automatic Air Conditioner with sun position
- Multifunction Steering wheel with Gear Shift Paddles
- Hill Descent Control
- Exterior mirrors, electrically adjustable, heated and folding, with automatic anti-glare
action on driver’s side
- LED headlights with dynamic turn indicators
- Inlays in Aluminium Tangent silver