North Zone Traditional Yogasana Competition “Dharmananda” 2021 organized at Government College of Yoga Education and Health, Chandigarh: Govt. College of Yoga Education and Health, Sector 23 A, Chandigarh in collaboration with Beenu Rajpoot films and Agrimaa Society of Arts, Delhi organized a 2 day Dharmananda North Zone Traditional Yogasana Competition 2021 on 8th and 9th December 2021 in the College.
The competition consisted of various categories namely Traditional Yogasana, Artistic Yogasana (Single), Artistic Yogasana (Pair), Rhythmic Yogasana (pairs) and Artistic Yogasana (Group) for both boys & girls.
The Chief Guest of the occasion was Sh. Sarpreet Singh Gill, IAS, Secretary Education, U.T. Administration, Chandigarh and Guest of Honour was Prof. Dharmanand Sharma former Chairperson, Department of Philosophy, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr. Sapna Nanda, Principal of the college while welcoming the Chief Guest, shared his achievements and accomplishments and his vision. She quoted “Yoga is the key to fight the current pandemic and also sets up the positive emotions which work has the immunity boosters.
The chief guest in his presidential address highlighted the importance of yoga in day to day life and said that it can be a healthy lifestyle if practiced properly
A lecture on the philosophy of yoga was delivered by Prof. Dharmanand Sharma in which he glorified the importance of yoga in day to day life and also launched the Dharmananda Bliss Poster. Another lecture was delivered by Dr. Anup P a renowned ayurvedic consultant on the significance of Ayurveda and other related therapies. Around 60 students participated in the event.
RESULTS : –
- Girls : Malika (1st), Laxmi (2nd) and Payal (3rd)
- Boys : Dev (1st), Abhay (2nd) and Ishwar (3rd).
- Single Girls : Laxmi (1st), Pooja (2nd) and Alisha (3rd)
- Single Boys : Dev (1st), Abhay (2nd) and Ishwar (3rd).
- Pair Girls : Malika & Promila (1st), Alisha & Payal (2nd), Pooja & Laxmi (3rd)
- Pair Boys : Dev & Abhay (1st), Ishwar & Rohit (2nd), Aditya & Sagar (3rd).
- Pair Girls: Promila & Malika (1st) and Pooja & Laxmi (2nd)
- Pair Boys : Dev & Abhay (1st), Rahul & Rohit (2nd), Ishwar & Aditya (3rd).
- Group Girls : Taniya, Alisha, Payal, Gome, Malika (1st) and Seema, Manisha, Pooja, Laxmi, Promila (2nd)
- Group Boys: Prabhakar, Abhay, Ishwar, Aditya, Dev (1st) and Rohit, Bhavani, Rahul, Utpal, Sagar (2nd)