A first for the ride-sharing industry globally, Ola’s Safety Council to work towards strengthening safety of the mobility ecosystem in the country
- Safety Council to act as a catalyst towards supporting the Government’s agenda to halve the road deaths and injuries by 2020
- Council to adopt a multi-functional approach and galvanise public private partnerships along the five pillars of the ‘United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety’
- Council to lend support to THREE key targets by 2020 i.e. eye check-ups, gender sensitisation training both, targeted at 1 million driver partners. In-addition, first responder training certification for 1 lakh driver partners
As a part of its continuous endeavor of creating a robust mobility ecosystem, Ola, India’s leading and one of the world’s largest ride-sharing companies has set up a first-of-its-kind, Safety Council. Bringing together organizations and individual achievers from various sectors viz. urban transport, climate change, women’s safety, security management, traffic management, and emergency management services, Ola’s Safety Council would be a first for the ride-sharing industry, globally.
Aligned on the vision to create a safe, inclusive, and sustainable mobility by building and maintaining safety of the mobility ecosystem, Ola Safety Council will bring together members’ knowledge, data, technology, and local networks and will focus on areas that will make the greatest impact. The council will also work alongside policy makers, state transport authorities, traffic police departments, and other relevant stakeholders to create solutions that enhance ride and road safety on Ola as well as the ecosystem at large.
1) Indian Road Safety Campaign, road safety arm of Solve, represented by Amar Srivastava, Founder-President
2) Centre for Social Research, represented by Dr. Ranjana Kumari, Director
1) Dr. OP Agarwal, Head – orld Resources Institute (WRI), India
2) Dr. Parvinder Singh Pasricha, IPS (Retd.), Former Director General of Police, Maharashtra
3) Dr. GV Ramana Rao, Director – GVK EMRI, Emergency Medicine Learning Centre (EMLC) & Research
Speaking on the formation of Safety Council, Mr Nitesh Prakash, Sr Director, Operations at Ola said, “Ola as a safety first organisation, is proud to partner with eminent experts who have done exceptional work in public safety. Given the rich experience of safety experts backed by Ola’s tech prowess and country wide reach, the industry first Council will further strengthen the mobility safety ecosystem in the country. The intent is to galvanize public-private partnerships through multi-stakeholder approach, bringing in measurable impact.”