NewZNew (New Delhi) : Curated by Vogue India, The Vogue Wedding Show, a 3-day luxurious wedding exhibition in partnership with the Taj Group, showcased the finest, latest and most exclusive services in the bridal world. The third instalment of the wedding extravaganzastarted today and will continue tillAugust 9 at the Taj Palace, New Delhi.
At this “by invitation only” luxury fair, brides andgrooms-to-beand their familieshave the convenience of meeting the finest purveyors of products and services pertaining to weddings, all under one roof.The bridal extravaganza is supported by Diageo, DLF Crestand Forevermark.
India’s top couturiers like Anita Dongre, Anju Modi, JADE, Manish Malhotra, MonishaJaising, Ritu Kumar, Sabyasachi, Shantanu & Nikhil, TarunTahiliani, Varun Bahl,VineetBahland for the first time acclaimed Pakistani designer SaniaMaskatiya, are showcasingtheir exclusive and latest bridal collections at the Vogue Wedding Show. Here, the invitees can make their selection in a private and relaxed environment, and enjoy one-on-one consultations with masters of their craft who effortlessly navigate the world of wedding planning. Some of the country’s most trusted Jewellers,luxury gifting brands, wedding related services and other category leaders in the bridal space are also participating at the show over the three days.
Speaking at the occasion, PriyaTanna, Editor, Vogue India, said “Weddings in India are a celebration of love, the coming together of families and the beauty of tradition. At our three-day long wedding exhibition, we have curated the most luxurious and custom-made wedding services in the bridal world, to help turn the wedding of your dreams into a reality. The Vogue Wedding Show is an all-access pass for brides, grooms and their families to meet the country’s leading bridal wear designers, view the most unforgettable wedding jewellery and attend masterclasses conducted by an enviable line-up of industry experts in hair, make-up, beauty, nutrition and wellness, all under one roof.”
At the Vogue Wedding Show 2015, guests can attend masterclasses and interact with an enviable line-up of industry experts.Vogue India Fashion Director-Anaita ShroffAdajaniaheld a workshop on styling where she shared contemporary style tips and tricks for brides and grooms as well as things to buy and what to steer clear of. Trade aces from Forevermark along with Vogue India Fashion Features Director- Bandana Tewari and designer Sabyasachiaddressed an exclusive panel discussion on everything to know about diamonds. Celebrity hairstylist Savio John Pereiratook guests through a step-by-step process, highlighting the essentials of personal and professional hair care, complete with an on-stage demonstration.Furthermore, grooms had the opportunity to interact with international Master Mixologist from Diageo- Nicholas Ordfor a special session on rare and exclusive malts.
There is also a workshop on this season’s hottest trends from the world of weddings showcased by Vogue India Editor – PriyaTanna and Senior Fashion Editor – Priyanka Kapadia, to be held tomorrow. Make-up specialist NamrataSoni will break down facts and myths, and will instruct attendees on how to wear make-up that’s ideal for all kinds of bridal events. In her masterclass, day-after-tomorrow, on how to plan your dream wedding, renowned wedding planner Vandana Mohan will be sharing some invaluable insights. Skin-care specialist Dr.HarshnaBijlani
As wedding specialists over the years, Taj Hotels, partners of Vogue Wedding Show, will provide expert guidance to guarantee a perfect wedding event.
Speaking at the occasion, Mr. Chinmai Sharma, Chief Revenue Officer, said “Weddings at the Taj have always been memorable. Offering timeless hospitality for decades, Taj has been the preferred choice for countless weddings, pre-wedding celebrations and honeymoon voyages. We are committed to offering guests the very best – impeccable service, cuisines from across the world and unique destinations in stunning locales. We are delighted to partner with Vogue for the third consecutive year showcasing our legacy to offer the perfect dream wedding.”
Vogue India has handpicked the finest jewellers and brought them all under one roof to showcase spectacular wedding jewellery, with brands like Amrapali Jewels, Anmol Jewellers, Bharany’s, BirdhichandGhanshyamdas, BN Jewels, DIACOLOR Fine Contemporary Jewels, Hazoorilal Legacy, Hazoorilal By Sandeep Narang, Khanna Jewellers, Kishan Das & Co. for Sabyasachi, Mehta & Sons, Raj Mahtani, Rose, SunitaShekhawat, Tibarumals Jewellers, among many others.
For the first time a dedicated space houses a ‘Saree Pavilion’ comprising sarees from different regions of the country, showcased by brands such as Ekaya, Lakshmi, Mangalmayee Jaipur, Myra by Anju Narain and Swati & Sunaina.
For gifting ideas and wedding related services that are luxurious and original, finest brands likeAhujasons, Nordic Kandie, Ravish Kapoor, Swarovski, Tea Culture of the World, Vera Wang’s elegant dinnerware, stemware and giftware for Wedgwood, and many more can be found at the show.
To take care of every fine detail of any wedding, leading décor experts and wedding planners, like the Wedding Design Company WEDNISHKA will also be present, among others.
1. THE TAJ GROUP – An intimate affair, a lavish extravaganza and everything in-between, they are maestros at orchestrating the wedding of your dreams
2. FOREVERMARK – Forevermark offers diamonds worthy of immortalising life’s great promises – exquisite symbols of unwavering commitment, as eternal and precious as the promise itself
3. DLF Crest – The Crest is a next generation luxury residences project by DLF at DLF5, Gurgaon. After the resounding success of the first offering of luxury residences at The Crest, DLF has unveiled new towers of exquisite residences
4. WEDDING DESIGN COMPANY – Bespoke experiences to treasure for a lifetime – The Wedding Design Company does it all
1. ANITA DONGRE- Stunningly woven Benarasi saris and lehengas with handcrafted gotapatti work comprises a bridal collection that’s reminiscent of royal splendour
2. ANJU MODI- Chanderi weaving, kota fabrics, Varanasi zari work and bandhani printing – Indian crafts get a contemporary interpretation
3. JADE BY MONICA & KARISHMA- Tulles and silks textured with temple motifs, the brand offers customised trousseau services and a bridal must-have – comfortable footwear
4. MANISH MALHOTRA – Bridal wear gets a modern twist with flowing summer gowns, jacket saris and sequinned crop tops paired with long skirts
5. MONISHA JAISING- A collection that is fuss-free and edgy but still exquisitely luxurious—it will make every bride feel like a princess
6. RITU KUMAR- Her latest line offers zardozi-based traditional lehengas, hand-embroidered lace lehengas, shararas, skirts and gowns
7. SABYASACHI- Silk turs, vintage brocades and silk jacquards get a retro look with 1970s-inspired lehengas
8. SANIA MASKATIYA- Crop tops with ghaghras, fun separates and floor-length maxis in the brand’s aesthetic, this collection juxtaposes floral patterns with geometrics
9. SHANTANU & NIKHIL- A standout collection that unites an eclectic colour palette with a combination of fabrics like organza, raw silk and rayon.
10. TARUN TAHILIANI- Indian wear with European cuts and structured draping— no one does bridal couture like the man with the Midas touch
11. VARUN BAHL- This exquisite collection highlights the play of colour, texturing and handcrafted ornamentation on rich silks, net, georgettes and velvet appliqué
12. VINEET BAHL ‘PREMIERE’- Unique designs crafted on Benarasi brocade and tussar georgette with sublime tonal embroideries characterise a collection that’s high on layering
13. TAILORMADE – Tailormade provides a dressing experience carved to suit every man’s apparel needs, coupled with impeccable taste, bespoke outfitting services and flawless fabric
The Experts- Masterclasses
1. ANAITA SHROFF ADAJANIA- Vogue India’s fashion director shows you how to fashion an impeccable look
2. DR. HARSHNA BIJLANI- This skincare specialist takes charge of your skin and unveils the secret to looking your radiant best
3. KINITA KADAKIA PATEL- This nutritionist will have you looking just the way you want to with easy tips to get fi t for the big day
4. NAMRATA SONI- This celebrity make-up artist will showcase the industry’s best–kept secrets and show you how to stay in the spotlight
5. SAVIO JOHN PEREIRA- The hairstylist to the celebrities will sculpt the perfect look and make sure you shine like the star you are
6. VANDANA MOHAN- This wedding planner extraordinaire will ensure you have the wedding of your dreams
7. Grooms will have the opportunity for a special interactive session on rare and exclusive malts by international Master Mixologist from Diageo- Nicholas Ord
8. The ten things you ever wanted to know about diamonds, our masters of the craft from Forevermark along with the team at Vogue India and designer Sabyasachiwill have the answers in an exclusive panel discussion
1. AMRAPALI- Rubies in lotus motifs, traditional polki and jadau necklaces, and navratna necklace sets, timeless designs meet statement pieces
2. ANMOL JEWELLERS- Exquisite handcrafted jewellery inspired by the romance of exotic beaches and made with diamonds, emeralds, rubies, tanzanites and pearls
3. BESPOKE VINTAGE JEWELS- The latest Matsya collection from the brand is influenced by the fish—the earliest sign of life symbolic with evolution—and is a melange of polkis, rubies, emeralds and double-cut diamonds set in pure gold
4. B N JEWELS- Gems set in a classical design inspired by crown jewels, the bespoke bridal collection is perfect for the modern-day princess
5. BHARANY’S- Pearls from Iraq or emeralds from Zambia, Bharany’s Mughal-inspired jewels are for the ride looking to channel her inner adventurer
6. BIRDHICHAND GHANSHYAMDAS- Art, architecture and diverse cultures are the inspiration for the brand’s elegant Amér collection—perfect for that regal look
7. DIACOLOR – FINE CONTEMPORARY JEWELS- One-of-a-kind pieces that are completely handcrafted in 18k gold, diamonds and the choicest of gemstones
8. GEHNA JEWELLERS- From modern ear cuffs and elegant palm bracelets to vintage jhumkis and necklaces, the brand presents a collection that marries dynamic and contemporary designs with traditional sensibilities
9. HAZOORILAL BY SANDEEP NARANG, GK I- Pure gold-encased diamonds, a polka emerald necklace, kadas with stunning filigree-work— jewels to leave an impression long after the big day
10. HAZOORILAL LEGACY – SOUTH EXTENSION- A magnificent collection that includes multi-layered necklaces inspired by animal and floral motifs, and headpieces inspired by Egyptian works
11. KHANNA JEWELLERS- Elaborate polki and kundan studded pieces embellished with intricate detail in pink and yellow cuts that enhance your radiance
12. KISHANDAS & COMPANY FOR SABYASACHI- Inspired by nawabi heritage, precious and semi-precious stones are intricately crafted as separates, and pair perfectly with diverse outfits 13. MEHTA & SONS- Embellished with Forevermark diamonds, Burmese rubies, Zambian emeralds and Basra pearls, this bespoke collection is fit for a queen
14. RAJ MAHTANI- Table-cut diamonds, emeralds and rubies—the romance, passion, art and culture of the Mughal era finds expression in bejewelled stunners
15. ROSE- Colombian emeralds, rare tanzanites, rubies and intense-coloured diamonds symbolise feminine charm and impeccable craftsmanship
16. SUNITA SHEKHAWAT JAIPUR- Steeped in Jaipur’s Meenakari heritage, each handmade piece combines a subtle refined aesthetic with Rajasthan-inspired hues to create timeless designs
17. TIBARUMALS JEWELLERS- Channelling the heritage of Hyderabad’s nizams, this collection of Basra pearls, Colombian emeralds and Burmese rubies exudes old-world grandeur
Gifting and Services
1. AHUJASONS- Wrap yourself in meticulously handcrafted and painstakingly created shawls from the finest fabrics, a must-have for the trousseau
2. EKAYA- Creative collaborations with designers, and experiments with fabrics and motifs give the traditional sari a contemporary twist
3. EZMA- Driven by a passion for perfection, Ezma creates some of the finest (pure) cashmere yarns and scarves in the world
4. ISHARYA- Lavish and meaningful wedding gifts for the bride or from the bridal party to their guests
5. LAKSHMI- Channelize your inner goddess with these masterpieces that are a coming together of handwoven elegance and feminine expression
6. MANGALMAYEE JAIPUR- Exclusive zardozi and aari handwork, and Rajasthanigotapatti work make these traditionally embroidered saris works of fashionable art
7. MYRA BY ANJU NARAIN- A plethora of customised bridal lehengas for mehendi, sangeet and cocktails, following a one-on-one interaction with the designer
8. NORDIC KANDIE- Melt-in-the-mouth goodies include regally packaged marzipan, a new Chocolate Delicatessen line, and edible gold sweets—time for some real celebration
9. NUPURH J. SILVERWARE- Find handcrafted silver dinner sets, cutlery, chowki and personal accessories from an extensive trousseau and wedding collection
10. RAVISH KAPOOR – Personalised invites that are innovatively designed and elegantly crafted— that perfect celebration begins with getting the invitation just right
11. SWAROVSKI- Swarovski’s wedding service begins with an orientation and showcase for the bridal party at the Swarovski design studio and culminates with the design and delivery of a list of services
12. SWATI & SUNAINA- Drape yourself in history, with exquisitely made zari saris where contemporary design meets traditional craftsmanship
13. TEA CULTURE OF THE WORLD- Get a refreshing dose of culture in a teacup with exotic tea blends from around the world
14. VIVAHA IN AMAZING THAILAND
15. WEDGWOOD- Feminine and romantic, Vera Wang’s beautifully crafted Wedgwood bone china tableware and gifting solutions find inspiration in her bridal gowns
16. WEDNIKSHA- Experts who get as creative as they can to make your wedding a once-in-a-lifetime celebration
17. GALLERIE ALTERNATIVES