NewZNew (Feature) : One’s skin is the mirror of inner true health; it is the largest organ in the body. It covers entire body and has a surface area of around 2 square metres, in total, says Dr. Dhingra, Cosmetic Surgeon of Punjab and MD, Bodysculpt.
A study revealed that most individuals have skin problems that deserve medical attention, but most do not seek medical help to get treatment for one or other reason. This usually lead to aggravation of skin diseases.
Different types of skin diseases also depict various underlying serious systemic diseases which, if not medically addressed on time could lead to serious health issues.
|Itchy & Non-Healing Skin||Diabetes Malitus|
|Dry Skin||Thyroid disorders|
|Perpetually Dry & Scaly||Psoriasis , Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis|
|Oily||Acne, pimples, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis|
|Sweaty Skin||Fungal Infections|
- Cold winter days bring more than just a rosy glow to cheeks ,it also brings uncomfortable dryness to face, hands and feet .Even flaking, cracking which may lead to eczema is quite common in winter.
- Whenever we use room heaters in winters may be dry or oil it leads to dry skin ,here are few vital tips to prevent skin disorders :
- Use warm showers and not hot for bathing, as hot water strips our body of natural oil protection and leads to excessive dryness.
- Gentle cleaning with soap/body lotion is advised instead of harsh rubbing to prevent dryness.
- Always user shaving cream/gel and shave in the direction hair is growing .Razor must be sharp enough to avoid irritation to skin.
- Always cover yourself to avoid sun damage ,use 30 SPF natural sunscreen round the year to preserve tanning.
- Dress in layers to prevent overheating and perspiring excessively to save skin irritation.
- Lip balm with spf 15 sunscreen is best to avoid chapped lips
- Moisturizing skin is vital in winters however simple petroleum jelly also willdo but its must.
- Dry your skin faster and apply moisturizer within minutes of bathing to prvent dryness.
- Use gloves and socks to prevent chilblains.
- So embrace winter with care to smile.
About Dr Dhingra::
Dr Vikram Jeet Singh Dhingra, MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), MCh (Plastic Surgery), is one of the most sought after Cosmetic Surgeons in the country. He has had experience of operating upon celebrities including singers, politicians, actors on small and big screen, and calendar models. Member of privileged associations like AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India) and APSI (Association of Plastic Surgeons of India), Dr Vikram Dhingra is currently associated with Fortis Hospital Chandigarh and Cosmo Hospital Mohali, besides providing cosmetic services under his brand, Bodysculpt. Taking an insight into his academic achievements, he was awarded with Medals in his MBBS & MCh and was bestowed with an award for best outgoing student in MS (GENERAL SURGERY). He has had the chance to train from the stalwarts in cosmetic surgery after completing his formal education.
Dr. Vikramjeet Singh Dhingra
Mobile: +91 9878650039
Email: [email protected]