NewZNew (Solan) : Bharti Airtel Limited (“Airtel”), the third largest mobile services provider globally with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa, today announced the commercial launch of its high speed 4G services (also called LTE) in Mandi. With this, customers across Solan will nowexperience high speed wireless broadband on Airtel 4G and get on to the digital superhighway to enjoy uninterrupted HD video streaming, superfast uploading and downloading of movies, music and images. Airtel 4G is available to customers across a range of smart devices including mobile phones, dongles and 4G hotspots.
Commenting on the launch of Airtel 4G in Solan, Manu Sood, Hub CEO – Upper North, Bharti Airtel said, “As customers in India show an increasing propensity for consuming data services, we at Airtel are excited to take the lead in introducing the market to the power of blazing 4G speeds. With the help of the feedback received from the beta launches, we have now built India’s first commercial 4G network. Today, as we launch Airtel 4G for our customers in Solan, will be uniquely positioned for a superlative 4G experience. We are committed to building a world class 4G network in the region”.
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. Airtel recently announced that its 4G services were available in 350 towns across India. Prior to that, Airtel had successfully conducted trials of its 4G services in select cities and leveraged feedback from customers towards strengthening its service experience. Special demo zone and kiosks have been installed at Airtel Store, KotlaNala (Opp. Vijaya Bank), Solan.
Customers can enjoy Airtel’s recently launched carrier agnostic mobile app – ‘Wynk Movies’ – a first of its kind movie mall that will offer a specially curated library of thousands of movies and other popular videos.
Additionally, customers can leverage a host of strategic initiatives announced by Airtel as part of its national 4G rollout.
- 4G at 3G prices: Airtel customers can enjoy 4G at 3G data prices with prepaid packs starting at INR 22. In addition, with every prepaid 4G SIM swap, Airtel is offering six months of unlimited music streaming and downloads on ‘Wynk Music’ and five free movies per month for six months on the Eros Now channel of ‘Wynk Movies’.
- ‘Infinity Plans’: Airtel has introduced a new range of ‘Infinity Plans’ starting Rs.999. These high-end plans offer unlimited voice calls on mobile (first time in India) along with data benefits and access to ‘Wynk Movies’, ‘Wynk Games’ and ‘Wynk Music’.
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap in minutes
- SMS SIM <20-digit SIM Number> to 121 from your Airtel mobile
- Reply 1 to confirmation SMS and wait for phone to get disconnected from network
- Insert 4G SIM, switch on handset- select LTE in network settings
- Home delivery of SIMs http://www.airtel.in/4g/sim-swap
- Flexpage: This breakthrough technology is an automated platform that allows customers to track their data usage and get real time usage alerts. With Flexpage, customers can also upgrade their mobile plan on the go, as and when they exhaust their monthly data quota.
Innovative alliances and faster customer acquisition
- Alliance with Flipkart: Numerous 4G devices on Flipkart are now bundled and delivered with Airtel 4G SIMs. Customers can choose from a range of 4G devices (from brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Asus and Huawei) and enjoy a host of attractive Airtel 4G data benefits.
To get started on Airtel 4G, customers can also walk into their nearest Airtel Store and switch to a 4G SIM. For more information, visit www.airtel.in/4g.