- Group to expand into fast growing Connected Mobility market in India and abroad across Vehicle segments.
- Group to start providing cutting edge Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for Automotive and other related applications.
- Enhance in-house technology enabled expertise of the Group.
- Leverage usages of acquired technology in existing product portfolio of Group to create a value add for customers.
Global Automotive Component Manufacturer ‘SPARK MINDA, Ashok Minda Group’ (“Spark Minda”) led by Chairman & Group CEO, Mr. Ashok Minda today announced the acquisition of ‘EI LABS’ which delivers inter-disciplinary products in the connected mobility and IoT space. Minda Corporation Limited (NSE: MINDACORP, BSE: 538962, a flagship company of Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group), through its wholly owned subsidiary Minda SAI Limited has acquired 100% of the equity shares of EI Labs.
EI Labs is located at Bangalore, Karnataka and was founded by professionals with extensive global experience in the high-tech IT industry, with a vision to touch human life through embedded, intelligent technology that can improve safety, productivity and quality in their daily life.
- Building the connectivity for India’s first connected car embedded solution.
- Own local R & D put three car platforms and one tractor Platform on the cloud already.
- A middle ware for the tractor gate way platform having the rugged all weather devices as OEM fitment.
- GPS enabled announcements for bus passengers – first step towards ITS solution for Smart Cities.
- Designing connectivity solutions for smart wearable’s to take it beyond fitness – Safety, Security and Health applications.