NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Varun Dhawan, known for his infectious personality opted for an unfamiliar and dark zone while portraying one of the most challenging roles of his career in the film, Badlapur. The actor spoke exclusively to us on the occasion of the World Television Premiere of Badlapur on &pictures on Sunday, 20th September at 8.30 PM.
- Badlapur was your first film in thriller genre. How was your experience?
Ans : I had always wanted to do a thriller but I guess no one thought that I could ever pull it off. Badlapur offered me the chance to experiment with the genre which I enjoy watching.
- How does it feel to associate with a film like Badlapur which is the second highest grosser of 2015 at the box office?
Ans : It was a surreal experience working on the film and its nice to know that the film has done so well at the box office.
- Sriram Raghavan is known for his gritty screenplays, how was your experience working with him?
Ans : Sriram is a mad genius who keeps looking to push the envelope and do something new. I am very lucky to have worked with a director like him so early in my career.
- You and Nawazuddin Siddiqui share an interesting chemistry, please share your experience
Working with him in the film?
Ans : Nawaz bhai is a gifted actor. The things we do to each other required us to hate each other so the chemistry had to be little weird while we were shooting. However, we bonded really well while promoting the film. Nawaz bhai’s character and performance is one of the key reasons why the film worked.
- Your films have always enjoyed great music and Badlapur is no exception, what did you think when you heard the music of the film for the first time?
Ans : The producer, Dino (Dinesh Vijayan) kept me involved throughout the making of the music for the film. Everytime they finalized a song, he would call me and make me hear it since I enjoy music a lot. But full credit goes to Sachin-Jigar and Dino for making the music of Badlapur the best album of the year.
- Share your experience on your transformation from a romantic hero to an action hero?
Ans : Well, Badlapur did transform me… I never looked at the role as the hero’s but just prepared for Raghu’s role… I felt his pain, he is as flawed as any other human being.
- Share your thoughts on &pictures’ World Television Premiere of Badlapur on 20th September at 8.30 PM?
Ans : I am thrilled to know that people can watch Badlapur on TV. I am just hopeful that everyone enjoys it on &pictures just as they did in theatres.