Test drives for all-new Audi A4 35TDI held : The test drives all-new Audi A4 35TDI car were held in Mohali.
The all-new Audi A4 35TDI has a new generation 2.0L four-cylinder TDI engine with newly developed combustion methods which sets benchmarks in terms of fuel consumption, at the same time packing good performance. The engine produces maximum power of 190hp.
The all-new Audi A4 is a leader in its class also in terms of NVH (Noise, Vibration and harshness) levels. The smooth lines emphasize the width of the interior. The front of the dashboard features a broad band of air outlets and a large decorative surface. At night, the lighting illuminates the interiors. The quality of workmanship is uncompromisingly high.
The car also offers the Audi drive select with 4 driving modes: Comfort, Dynamic, Auto and Individual and it truly felt like four cars in one. The car handled the ever-present pot holes admirably well.
Keeping in mind the predominantly hot climate of India, the new Audi A4 35 TDI offers a three-zone automatic air conditioning system, which was very efficient. Safety is also paramount for all Audi products and this model comes with 8 airbags backed with Audi Parking Aid Plus with Rear View Camera. This made it effortless to park in tight corners.
However, the most important highlight of the car has to be its technology. The car gets Audi Virtual Cockpit with 2 Display modes, the MMI operating concept including free-text search function which can also be operated by multifunction steering wheel and natural-language voice control. It also has a multifunction 3 Spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters.
The MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch and a 21 centimeter, high resolution MMI monitor. The Audi phone box is available with wireless Qi charging. It also has the Audi smartphone interface – Apple Carplay and Android Auto and Audi Sound System with 10 Loudspeakers including a subwoofer with total output of 180 watts
AUDI A4 35 TDI: AT A GLANCE
Exterior design and body
- Athletic proportions and sporty elegance
- LED headlights with rear dynamic turn indicators
- Lightweight construction
- The longest interior and generous shoulder width at the front which is the best in class
- Interior design with large decorative surfaces and continuous air vent strip; new materials, spacious interior, LED interior lighting as standard equipment, first-class workmanship
- Three Zone Automatic Air Conditioning
- Audi Virtual Cockpit with 2 Display modes
- MMI operating concept including free-text search function
- Can also be operated by multifunction steering wheel and natural-language voice control
- Multifunction 3 Spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters
Infotainment and Audi connect
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch and a 21 centimeter, high resolution MMI monitor
- Audi phone box available with wireless Qi charging
- Audi smartphone interface – Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Audi Sound System with 10 Loudspeakers including a subwoofer with total output of 180 watts
- 2.0 TDI engine generating 190hp and 400 Nm of torque
- Accelerates from 0-100 in 7.7 seconds
- Top speed of 237 kmph
- Fuel Consumption of 18.25 Kmpl (ARAI Certified)
- Front Wheel Drive
- New generation S tronic transmission
- 17”5 Arm Tornado design alloy wheels with 225/50 R17 94Y Tires
- Redesigned, light five-link axles at front and rear, significant increase in comfort with accentuated sportiness
- Newly developed electromechanical power steering
- Audi drive select with 4 driving modes: Comfort, Dynamic, Auto, Individual
- Audi Parking Aid Plus with Rear View Camera
- 8 Airbags
- ABS with EBD (Electronic brakeforce distribution) with traction control