- Revolutionizing and redefining the conventional notions of the mini car segment in India
- India’s most fuel efficient petrol car delivering mileage of 25.17 kmpl*
- Manufactured with 98% localization at the time of launch enabling a low cost of ownership
- First-in-segment features: SUV inspired design, 7 inch touch-screen, Media-Nav system, digital Instrument cluster, one-touch lane change indicator
- Best-in-class features: Ground clearance of 180 mm, boot capacity of 300 litres, rear knee room – multiple storage spaces, upper sized body dimensions, roomy interior space, service parts maintenance cost, ride & handling characteristics
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Renault India, one of the fastest growing automotive companies in India, announced the launch of the most-awaited car of the year – Renault KWID today, at an introductory entry-level pricing of ₹2,56,968 (ex- showroom, Delhi). This is the first launch in the global journey of Renault KWID, and reflects the importance of India in Renault’s global expansion plans.
Mr. Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and Managing Director, Renault India Operations, shared “With Renault KWID, we offer our customers the best compact hatchback which has been designed and developed by Renault’s global teams including India, making it a truly international car. We have completely reinvented the conventional expectations and notions associated with the mini car segment in India with an Attractive, Innovative and Affordable product. Renault KWID is astutely designed, loaded with class leading features and comes at a compelling price point, offering customers the best from the world of Renault. With Renault KWID, we have taken the localization level to 98%, the highest ever by an auto manufacturer in India at the onset of launch, which will enable customers to enjoy an unmatched ownership experience.”
Furthermore, Renault KWID is the most fuel efficient petrol car in the country delivering mileage of 25.17 kmpl* which is enabled by a 3 cylinder 0.8 liter SCe – Smart Control Efficiency petrol engine. Together with the outstanding mileage, Renault has taken focussed efforts to take the localisation level to 98%, which will positively influence the overall cost of ownership, and make the Renault KWID easy on the pocket.
Renault KWID comes with several features that are best not only in the mini hatch segment, but also in cars from segments above. They include the best-in-class ground clearance of 180 mm, a boot capacity of 300 litres, 7 inch touchscreen Media-Nav system and an all-digital instrument cluster. The length and width of the car is also best-in-class thus offering a stunning, powerful road presence and superior interior space.
Together with the superior mileage and high localization level, Renault KWID will be best-in-class in maintenance part costs. Renault will offer a 50,000 km/2 Year Maintenance Policy, extendable up to 80,000 km/ 4 years. Renault will also offer complementary Road Side Assistance for 2 years.
On the accessories front, Renault KWID will come with a tempting array of design, trim and technological accessories that will allow customers to personalize their car. An exciting range of accessories across 60 categories have been developed along with an interesting set of lifestyle decals, another segment first offering. In addition 6 accessory packs – Basic pack, Essential pack, Smart Chrome pack, Intense Chrome pack, Luxury pack and Outdoor pack will also be available.
3 cylinders, DOHC 4 valves per cylinder
54 Ps @5678 RPM
72Nm @ 4386 RPM
Mac Pherson Strut with lower traversing link
Twist beam suspension with coil spring
300 litres / 1115 litres when rear seats folded
|Fuel tank volume||
REDEFINING FEATURES OF RENAULT KWID
Unique SUV Design: The first car that stands ahead of its time with a unique SUV design enhanced by the best-in-class ground clearance and an upright bold and structured front grille. Renault KWID has a powerful and significant road presence with dual tone bumpers, and other distinctive design elements including the new “C” shaped Renault lighting signature.
Big Car Styling: Renault KWID boasts of an ensemble of the best features that embellish its style statement – these include best-in-class exterior dimensions for a big car feel and incredible interior space, class leading wheelbase of 2422 mm. Renault KWID has the best-in-class boot space of 300 litres, extendable to 1115 litres, which offers superb flexibility and convenience.
Segment Leader in Features: Renault KWID comes with a 7-inch touchscreen Media-Nav system, digital instrument cluster, remote keyless entry with central locking, one-touch lane change indicator, and front fog lamps for additional illumination and visual appeal.
Performance and Efficiency: Renault KWID has a brand new highly efficient drivetrain, consisting of a 3-cyl, 0.8 litre, 12v engine coupled to a perfectly optimized transmission, which work in harmony to provide the best-in-class fuel efficiency. The 4-valve-per-cylinder DOHC engine also utilizes a lifetime maintenance free timing chain for unmatched durability.
Benchmark Ride and Handling: Renault KWID offers high order levels of comfort and control in all driving conditions thanks to a finely tuned suspension set-up:
- Front: Mac Pherson strut with Lower Transverse link
- Rear: Twist beam suspension with coil spring
- Best-in-Class Ride Quality – like Duster
Ergonomics – Design Evolution:
- Renault KWID offers ingenious comfort & convenience through best-in-class high seating position and more shoulder and elbow room, class leading rear knee room, premium contoured seats.
- Bluetooth Connectivity – Hands-free phone & audio streaming
- Satellite Navigation – 2D/3D view with one year free map update
- iPhone and iPod™ operations – Charging through USB, Audio content display and navigation of iPod™ through MediaNAV
- USB, AUX-IN, SDVC – Audio playback through flash drive & phone and Speed Dependent Volume Control
- The digital instrument cluster features an onboard digital trip computer that highlights gear shift indicator, distance to empty average fuel consumption, etc.
- Driver aid Equipment – One touch lane change indicator, intermittent windscreen wiper with tear drop wipe.
In the automotive industry, it is important to launch the right product, at the right time, matched by the right price. With Renault KWID, Renault will be entering the mini car segment which accounts for nearly 25% of the total automobile sales volumes. The timing of this new car is perfect as the auto sector is slowly bouncing back and the economy is also gradually stabilizing. The compelling price makes Renault KWID an irresistible offering.
Best-in-class Fuel Efficiency: Renault KWID provides best-in-class fuel efficiency of 25.17 Kmpl* with the all-new 0.8 litre SCe – Smart Control Efficiency engine, making it India’s most fuel efficient petrol car. It is equipped with technologies like a steel forged crankshaft with optimized bearing dimensions, stainless steel close coupled catalytic converter, double loop lambda monitoring for accurate air / fuel ratio monitoring and drive-by-wire throttle control.
Hassel Free Maintenance: Renault KWID has a low friction engine design for low energy loss and optimum fuel Efficiency. The engine also has a reduced oil capacity that translates to lower maintenance cost.
Renault KWID will be best-in-class in maintenance part costs due to aggressive localization and optimization which will positively impact the overall ownership cost.