The city’s annual festival—Chandigarh Carnival is all set to enchant the city residents again with an impressive line up of events. The three-day carnival will be organised at Leisure Valley, Sector 10, Chandigarh from 24th to 26th November, 2017. The theme of this year’s carnival is Indradhanush- Colour your life like a rainbow to give emphasis that every moment of life to be enjoyed along with the aim to promote initiative of Government of India “Mission Indradhanush” to ensure full immunisation of all childrens of India.
Keeping in view, the tourism potential of these events, the Ministry of Tourism has also included Chandigarh Carnival in its calendar. Under the initiative of Government of India, “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, U.T. is the partner state of Chandigarh, U.T. to exchange their rich heritage, culture, customs and traditions.
To promote the scheme of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat’ the partner state of Chandigarh i.e. Dadra & Nagar Haveli, U.T. is also participating in the festival with Tourism Department, Chandigarh Administration at Leisure Valley, Sector 10, Chandigarh.
The celebrations shall provide an ample opportunity to visitors and citizens of tricity to participate in variety of events and activities, which would promote Chandigarh as a Happening City and as a hub of tourism and culture in this region.
The varieties of activities are being organized during the activities during the Chandigarh Carnival is as under:
- Exhibit participation by various Academies, Corporations, and Government Departments.
- Day long cultural programmes by various artists on second stage.
- Amusement park/joy rides and camel rides for the visitors.
- Food Court by CIHM, AIHM, CITCO da Vehra and more
- Free Laptop and other gifts for the visitors visiting Chandigarh Carnival and Leisure Valley by downloading and showing Swachhta App and filling up form on entry gates which will also track the approximate number of visitors in the festival (Sponsored by Aryans Group of Colleges)
- Vintage Cars display at Government Museum & Art Gallery.
- Entertainment Nite LIVE by Ninja on 24th November 2017 at 06.30PM onwards
- Punjabi Nite LIVE by Sharry Mann on 25th November2017 at06.30PM onwards
- Bollywood Nite LIVE by Ritu Pathak with fame songs Jalebi Bai,Papa Jag Jaega, Gandi Baat, Radha Nachegi, Rocket Saiyan on 26th November 2017 at 06.30 PM onwards
The inauguration of the Festival will be made by Chief Guest Smt. Kirron Kher, Member Parliament, U.T. Chandigarh along with Guest of honour Sh. Parimal Rai, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, U.T., Chandigarh at 12:00 noon on 24th November, 2017 followed by inspection of the Carnival and flag off the Carnival Procession having Tableau/floats prepared by the different departments of the Chandigarh Administration.
On this occasion the Director Tourism Chandigarh, Sh. Jitender Yadav, IAS expressed that the Chandigarh Tourism has a clear mandate of cultivating tourism to the City Beautiful & attracting more national and international tourist throughout the year. Through these regular festivals and events, Chandigarh Tourism hopes to create a lively environment in the city, with an ambience of fun and festivity for all tourists to witness and enjoy.