NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Vinayaka Ganesha Chaturthi Pooja Vidhi Tithi Timings Shubh Muhurat Vrat Katha Date Sthapana : Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu festival celebrated in honour of the god Ganesha, the elephant-headed. The festival, also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi, is observed in the Hindu calendar month of Bhaadrapada, starting on the shukla chaturthi. This festival is celebrated with great devotion all over the India. People bring home murtis (Idols) of Lord Ganesha and celebrate the festival by worshiping the Lord in a special way for a day and a half, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days or 11 days depending on the family tradition and commitment of each individual. Ganpati is the herald of auspicious beginnings and is the beloved deity of all. Wish you a Happy and a Blessed Ganesh Chaturthi 2015!
Ganesha Chaturthi Pooja Vidhi Tithi Timings
Things Required For Ganesh Puja
- Chawki and red cloth – 1 nos.
- Lord Ganesh idol or photo
- Raw rice unbroken (Akshat)
- Earthen lamp, ghee, a wick
- Dhoop Stick
- Flowers and flower garland
- Sacred Thread
- Grass leaves
- Modak, Ladoo (Sweets)
- Gangajal or Sacred water
Step-by-Step Ganesh Puja Vidhi
1. Put chawki on puja place, spread red cloth on it.
2. Place Lord Ganesh Idol (or photo) on chawki.
3. Light the earthen lamp to start puja
4. Light dhoop stick also
5. Pray to Lord Ganesha, “O Lord Ganesh! Please come and receive puja, offerings.”
6. Sprinkle sacred water on Lord Ganesh to offer bath.
7. Offer sacred thread as clothes.
8. Apply tilak of Roli on forehead.
9. Now Do Panchopchar puja :
- Show earthen lamp to Lord Ganes.
- Then Show dhoopstick.
- Offer tilak of Sindoor on forehead. According to Shiva Puran, it’s very auspicious to offer sindoor to Lord Ganesh. It may be offered as tilak. It may also be offered as applying on whole body (also know as “Chola” ). You should offer Chola when you worship Lord Ganesh on your main door. Also Put akshat (raw unbroken rice) on tilak.
- Offer Modak, ladoo to Lord Ganesh. Offer Gangajal or Sacred water to drink. Also offer scent to him.
- Offer flower garland and flowers to him.
10. Now offer grass leaves especially.
11. Now meditate on Lord Ganesh and recite beej mantra of Lord Ganesha “ॐ गं गणपतये नमः” “Om Gan Ganpataye Namah”at least 108 times. Keep meditating on Lord Ganesha during the recitation.