- Rotaractor Yashika Sagar installed as the District Rotaract Representative (D.R.R.) of Rotaract District Organization 3080
- More than 100 community service projects like Mahadaan- Blood Donation Drive, Annapurna- Feeding the underprivileged, Tree Plantation Drive were announced
Rotaractor Yashika Sagar was installed as the D.R.R (District Rotaract Representative) for the year 2017-2018 at the District Assembly held at St. Lawrence Public Senior Secondary School today.She will represent and head the district that consists of more than 45 Clubs located in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand with its strength of over 4000 members for the service year 2017 – 18 (i.e. from September,2017 till 30th June 2018).
The newly installed D.R.R. Yashika Sagar, her council and the Club Presidents and Secretaries, pledged to serve the community today to their best of the abilities for a better and brighter future. D.R.R. Yashika Sagar outlined the projects District will be doing in the year 2017-2018. Major projects included Mahadaan-Blood Donation Drive, Annapurna- Feeding the underpriviledged, Tree Plantation Drive etc.
Sharing her vision District Rotaract Representative Yashika Sagar said, “We are the youth of the society. The collective action of youth can easily address underlying social problems and bring in a change. We have to be the change to bring about the change, with the help of 4000 Rotaractors, it is the opportunity to pursue my passion of service projects. I will dedicate my time to servicing the nation by helping the underprivileged, creating awareness about the social issues and doing as many community service projects as we can.”
She further shared that, “We will be awakening the power of collective effort and impact, positive effort of youth i.e. over 4000 rotaractors will help in fulfilling our theme “Serving today for a better tomorrow”. I will strengthen our clubs by encouraging them to increase membership, and implement more humanitarian service projects to benefit the needy.”
In addition to this, Rotaractors will also be working on the vision of Rotary International President IAN RISELEY who has given a theme:
Rotary: Making a Difference with following focus areas of service during 2017-18:
- Supporting and Strengthening Clubs.
- Humanitarian Service.
- Enhancing Rotary Public image.
And supporting District Governor T.K. Ruby to make a difference with his area of care in service:
- To work with local communities in addition to International Service Projects.
- Touching the lives with care and compassion with the help of grass-root Fellow Rotarians.
- To Restore the dignity of fellow human beings to make a permanent impact in their life.