NewZNew (Chandigarh) : As Diwali is round the corner, the wait for the much awaited shopping festival of the region is over, as Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)’s flagship event CII Chandigarh Fair is all set to commence on 17th October 2014 at Parade Ground, Sector 17 Chandigarh.
Scheduled from 17- 20 October, with Tata Motors and NABARD as the Event Co-Sponsors; Religare Health Insurance, BSNL and DHFL as the Principal Sponsors; Gionee Smartphone as the Associate Sponsors, Burj One as the Associate Co-Sponsor and supported by National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), the four-day fair – spread over 16,000 sq m – will host a record 350 exhibitors in 14 concurrent shows including Real Estate, Auto Show, Home Décor, Kitchenware, Consumer durables and Finmart etc.
To be formally inaugurated by H.E. Kaptan Singh Solanki, Governor, Haryana, the fair is all set to capture the nerve of family shoppers with large focus on interesting deals & discounts, free gifts, Diwali gifts, lucky draws and 360° promotions”, shared Mr Darpan Kapoor, Chairman, CII Chandigarh Council & Vice Chairman, Kapsons Group at a Press Conference at CII NR Headquarters in sector 31 A, here today.
“The fair will showcase a variety of products to choose from countries like Pakistan, Thailand, Korea, Chicago, UAE, etc besides finest products and consumer durables, glitzy gizmos of domestic and global top brands”, he added.
“Exclusive range of home appliances from Chicago, USA will add more spark to the fest, in addition to special quilts and blankets from Korea and carpets, handicrafts, utility items, home decoration furniture & furnishings, special dry fruits etc from UAE, and Thailand. Exhibitors from Korea, UAE and Chicago, USA are participating for the first time. Around 20 companies from Pakistan with their exclusive range of products ranging from designer garments to hand-woven carpets, handicrafts and onyx marble products etc are also participating this year”, he added.
“The Realcon would feature specially discounted offers from Chandigarh City Centre, DLF, Waves, Emaar MGF, Burj One, Sushma Buildtech & others”, informed the Chairman.
“The States of India Pavilion will have hundreds of artisans from Bihar, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Goa and Gujarat showcasing their specialties in handicrafts, suits, sarees and other hosiery articles in addition to a variety of small and big interesting decoration and useful articles. The states of Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat are participating for the first time”, highlighted Mr Kapoor.
“Another new highlight this year is the Cultural Programmes on all four evenings from 5 pm to 7 pm to entertain the visitors as they shop. It is CII’s endeavour to promote young talent and sensitise the society about the social issues”, added Mr Kapoor.
On Friday, 17 October 2014, there would be Artist performance by Roouh The Band and a Dance Performance by A Punjabi Dance Troop in addition to a 15 minutes Act by NGO – ‘Save the Girl Child’ and a special performance by random artist.
On Saturday, 18 October 2014, there would be a special Performance by Aayat followed by a Dance Performance by a Western Dance Troop and then a 15 mins act by Big Day Hunger with ‘Don’t Waste Food’ as the Theme.
On Sunday, 19 October 2014, there would be a special Performance by street Jammers followed by a Dance performance by a salsa group and a 15 minutes act by Big Day Hunger with ‘Don’t Waste Food’ as the Theme
On Monday, 20 October 2014, there would be a special Performance by Suroor band, followed by Cultural Dance performance and a 15 minutes act by NGO with ‘Save the Girl Child as the theme.
Giving details about the Fair, Mr Pikender Pal Singh, Regional Director, CII NR, shared that “The fair promises to be a true shopping platform for residents. It has always been CII’s endeavour to bring the best of products with latest technologies and variety to the residents under one roof. Every stall will offer something different to the shoppers”.
“We have worked with NABARD and KVIC for the ‘Social Expo’ – a display for the small-scale entrepreneurs and artisans, NGOs, and Self Help Groups (SHGs) to give them a platform to sell their handmade articles. The Social Expo Pavilion will offer variety of products from NABARD and KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission)”, added Mr Singh.
“The CII Auto Show 2014 would feature – Tata Motors, Maruti, Toyota, Chevrolet, Renault and Honda displaying their newly launched models at the Expo”, he informed.
“The fest will also be a great platform for B2B interactions and meetings. It will help the local stakeholders and agencies in establishment of new business tie-ups and sound networking. For women, Persona and Decor pavilions would be of particular interest featuring the latest and best in healthcare, beauty and fitness, as also interior furnishings and bath fittings”, further added Mr Singh.
Mr Navneet Trehan, Regional Manager, North 1, Tata Motors Ltd shared that “Tata Motors is fully geared up to and confident with PM’s Make in India campaign. In CII Chandigarh Fair, we shall display our popular cars – ZEST, Safari Storme, Nano Twist, and Vista. ZEST is the latest car from Tata Motors. Loaded with 29 segment leading features, Zest is completely revolutionizing the compact sedan category. The first-in-class features that make the Zest completely irresistible are Advanced voice command recognition, exclusively designed 5” ConnectNext touchscreen infotainment by Harman, striking projector headlamps with LED light guide rings, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), stunning signature LED tail lamps with wraparound looks, new sporty 15” alloy wheels, advanced 9th gen ABS with EBD, Dual SRS airbags, Speed sensing auto locks on all doors, Body hugging rugby shoulder seats, New generation Tata signature steering wheel, ePAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering) with speed sensitivity and active return function. All these things will surely zest up your life. Zest is available in tricity at RSA Motors Ltd., Industrial phase-1 Chandigarh, and Macro Motors, Mohali”.
Speaking about their participation, Mr S N Chalia, General Manager, NABARD (Punjab Region) shared that, “CII Chandigarh Fair is an outstanding platform to promote the talent of regional and rural artists and craftsmen. We are showcasing products like Phulkari suits, Punjabi Desi Jutti, honey products, Knitted Garments, Hand-made soaps, herbal cosmetics and processed food items at reasonable rates from states like Punjab, HP, Haryana and J & K in our 27 stalls. All of our exhibitors are new and majority of them are women entrepreneurs.
“BSNL would distribute “On-the-Spot” Prizes on all four days. In addition, BSNL is also offering FREE 2G SIM and 15 % Extra Talktime on every Recharge of Rs.200 or more and offering heavy discounts on High Speed 3G Data Cards of 7.2 Mbps & 14.4 Mbps dongles and showcasing value-added services, such as Free Phone Service (FPH), India Telephone Card (Prepaid card), Account Card Calling (ACC), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Tele-voting, Premium Rate Service (PRM) and Universal Access Number (UAN) at the CII Chandigarh Fair”, shared Mr B D Garg, Senior GM, BSNL.
“Religare Finvest Limited (RFL), a subsidiary of Religare Enterprises Limited (REL), is a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) financing focused Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) providing debt capital to power the growth of the SME’s which constitute the backbone of India’s economy. For CII Chandigarh Fair, RFL has developed a unique mix of product offerings that aim to solve various financing needs both for long term and short term requirements. We offer both ‘Secured’ and ‘Unsecured’ loans’, for the self-employed”, shared Mr Jatinder Mohan Singh Shah, Regional Business Head (North 2), Religare Finvest Ltd.
What’s New –
- BSNL launching new 3G data Card high Speed Internet, VDSL high speed Broadband service up to 24 MBPS.
- Bosch launching New Serie4 – 7 Kg Washing Machine of German Technology, Dishwashers, Dryers, Refrigerators.
- Siemens launching new I –Sensoric Series Washing Machine, Dishwashers, Dryers, Refrigerators.
- Lloyd launching new Smart LED’s which will be directly connected to Wi-Fi, New Baby Washing Machine for 3 Kgs.
- IFB Launching new Aqua Series Washing Machine, Dishwashers, Dryers, Refrigerators.
- Godrej for the first time entering into luxury segment of Refrigerators of 190 – 210 Ltr capacity with 6 Star BEE rating. These will be seen for the first time in the country in our very own CII Fair. Godrej offering its consumers a chance to win up to 10 lakhs worth of Diamond Jewelry apart from assured gifts on every purchase like Laptop Bags from VIP , Hair Dryers from Phillips , Bajaj Steam Irons.
- Grun coming up with Fortune Melamine 34 pcs Dinner set.
- Prestige introducing first of its kind water purifiers which gives pure 100% vegetarian water using Hollow Fiber Technology. Prestige LifeStraw.
- Prestige also introducing Subh Uttsav scheme with special offers, unbeatable discounts & Attractive gifts.
- Steel Bird & Euro Hot introducing first time in India wide range of Gas Hob, Gas stoves, Chimneys, Geysers & Induction cookers.
- Elvik introducing new automatic user-friendly sensors connected and operated through mobile phones.
- Pakistan, Thailand, Chicago, Korea and UAE: New designs of handmade carpets, Onyx marble products, Ladies Garments, Cosmetics.
- Quick Heal: Introduce latest versions of Anti Virus Software’s
- McCain, Bonn Foods, Top’s, Unibic Biscuits, Vegit, MTR foods, Gadre Marine, Cremica coming up with special gift packs for festival seasons.
- JLPL, DLF, Emaar MGF, Maya Garden: many other Builders coming up with new projects and lucrative easy payment schemes.
- Auto Show 2014- Maruti, Tata, Toyota, Chevrolet, Renault, Honda displaying their newly launched hybrid vehicles models in Exhibition.
- Ekjot Viklang Bachon ka School, display products made/ prepared by handicapped kids, poor families, which they are also selling door to door in various places at Ludhiana.