Customers to now experience fastest internet on the move
- Launches 4G services in 6 new towns
- Augments 4G services in 9 existing towns with 200% wider reach
- Superfast 4G speeds now available at same price as 3G and free home delivery of SIMs
- Airtel continues to strike alliances with top eCommerce companies and device manufacturers to drive the 4G ecosystem in India
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Bharti Airtel Limited (“Airtel”), the third largest mobile services provider globally with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa, today announced the launchof its high speed 4G services (also called LTE) in 6new towns – Rajpura,Nabha, Zirakpur, Kharar, Rayyaand Chaheru besides expansion of its 4G services in 9 existing towns –Panchkula, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Hoshiarpur, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Bathindaand Moga in the state of Punjab. With wider reach, customers across 15 towns can now experience high speed wireless broadband on Airtel 4G and get on to the digital superhighway to enjoy uninterrupted HD video streaming, superfast uploading and downloading of movies, music and images. Airtel 4G is available to customers across a range of smart devices including mobile phones, dongles, 4G hotspots, Wi-Fi dongles and CPEs (customer premise equipment).
Commenting on announcement, Manu Sood, HubCEO – Upper North, Bharti Airtel said, “As customers across these 15 townsin Punjab are showing an increasing propensity for consuming data services, we at Airtel are excited to take the lead in further expandingthe power of blazing 4G speeds to the market. Today, as we expand Airtel 4G for our customers in the state, they will be uniquely positioned for a superlative 4G experience. We are committed to building a world class 4G network in the region”.
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. In March 2013, 4G services were launched in Punjab with tricity, followed by successive launches in FY 14-15 and FY 15-16 to have customers across 12 towns in the state to experience 4G services. Today, there are over 300 towns across India where Airtel has its 4G services available.
Prior to that, Airtel had successfully conducted trials of its 4G services in select cities and leveraged feedback from customers towards strengthening its service experience.
Customers can enjoy Airtel’s recently launched carrier agnostic mobile app – ‘Wynk Movies’ – a first of its kind movie mall that will offer a specially curated library of thousands of movies and other popular videos.
Additionally, customers can leverage a host of strategic initiatives announced by Airtel as part of its national 4G rollout.
- 4G at 3G prices: Airtel customers can enjoy 4G at 3G data prices with prepaid packs starting at INR 44. In addition, with every 4G SIM swap, Airtel is offering six months of unlimited music streaming and downloads on ‘Wynk Music’ and five free movies per month for six months on the Eros Now channel of ‘Wynk Movies’.
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap in minutes
- SMS SIM <20-digit SIM Number> to 121 from your Airtel mobile
- Reply 1 to confirmation SMS and wait for phone to get disconnected from network
- Insert 4G SIM, switch on handset- select LTE in network settings
- Free Home delivery of SIMs –http://www.airtel.in/4g/sim-swap
- Flexpage: This breakthrough technology is an automated platform that allows customers to track their data usage and get real time usage alerts. With Flexpage, customers can also upgrade their mobile plan on the go, as and when they exhaust their monthly data quota. https://www.airtel.in/smartbytes
Innovative alliances and faster customer acquisition
- Alliance with Flipkart: Numerous 4G devices on Flipkart are now bundled and delivered with Airtel 4G SIMs. Customers can choose from a range of 4G devices (from brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Asus and Huawei) and enjoy a host of attractive Airtel 4G data benefits.
To get started on Airtel 4G, customers can walk into their nearest Airtel Store and switch to a 4G SIM. For more information, visit www.airtel.in/4g.