First Avant body style sportscar to be launched in India
- Performance of a super sportscar: 0 to 100 km in just 3.9 seconds; top speed of 305 km/h
- Bi-Turbo V8 produces 560 hp
- Racing technology for high efficiency: powered by 4.0 TFSI®
- quattro® permanent all-wheel drive with new center-differential and torque vectoring
- Audi RS 6 Avant is priced at INR 1,35,00,750 (ex-showroom New Delhi and Mumbai)
NewZNew (Chandigarh) : In yet another ‘first’, Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer today introduced the Audi RS 6 Avant, the first sportscar with an Avant body style, in New Delhi. With sharp line frames and taut surfaces, the Audi RS 6 Avant is a stunner from every angle. The powerful Audi RS 6 Avant was unveiled by Mr. Joe King, Head, Audi India and Ace Indian Cricketer and a friend of Audi, Mr. Virat Kohli. Priced at INR 1,35,00,750 (ex-showroom New Delhi and Mumbai), the Audi RS 6 Avant is available at all Audi dealerships across India.
“Groundbreaking performance and supreme dynamism combined with excellent suitability for everyday use are the impressive features of the Audi RS 6 Avant. Embodying our philosophy of ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’, the Audi RS 6 Avant is the first sportscar in India with an Avant body style. Having set the trend of many firsts with the launch of the first compact luxury sedan in India – the Audi A3, first compact luxury open top convertible – the Audi A3 Cabriolet, India’s first production car with laser high beam lighting – the limited edition Audi R8 LMX and the introduction of the Matrix LED headlights with the Audi A8 L, we believe it’s about time to introduce the Avant to luxury connoisseurs in the country. With its low, flowing roofline, the Audi RS 6 Avant is a sure head turner from every angle. We are confident that the elegant dynamics of the car will appeal to auto enthusiasts seeking style, speed and luxury,” said Mr. Joe King, Head Audi India.
“I am happy to be a part of the Audi family. The Audi cars reflect my style with their sophistication and progressiveness apart from the inherent sportiness,” said Mr. Virat Kohli who is a proud owner of several Audi cars.
At the heart of the Audi RS 6 Avant is the 4.0 TFSI® twin-turbo V8 engine which displaces 3,993 cc and develops an awesome power of 560 hp. The Audi RS 6 Avant’s performance speaks for itself – the sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes just 3.9 seconds with a top speed of 305 km/h with the optional Dynamic Package Plus.
Pioneering Audi Cylinder on Demand (COD) technology unites dynamic performance characteristics with low fuel consumption and emissions. By deactivating four cylinders in part load operation, the Audi RS 6 Avant achieves comparatively low fuel consumption and low CO2 emissions without compromising on the superb performance potential. The RS adaptive air suspension combines air suspension with a continuously variable damper system. As it is linked into the Audi Drive Select feature, the suspension can be customized across a range of characteristics. Four modes can be selected via MMI®: Auto, Comfort, Dynamic as well as Individual.
“The Audi RS 6 Avant is our fourth sportscar to be launched in India this year, after the Audi R8 LMX, the new Audi TT Coupé and the new Audi RS 7 Sportback. All these sportscars have received a phenomenal response in the market, reiterating the fact that Audi has gauged the pulse of the Indian customer right. The Audi RS 6 Avant will not only help us consolidate our leadership position in the performance car segment, but will also inspire us to continue with our commitment to bring in the right product offering at the right time for our Indian customers,“ added Mr. Joe King.
The design of the Audi RS 6 Avant epitomizes precision, superior sportiness and elegance. Sharp lines frame taut surfaces and the roofline slowly begins sloping back downward to give the car a more rugged ‘SUV’ish look. The Single-frame grille at the front gives a wider stance. The tail lamps are entirely LED, and rear dynamic turn signals are standard in combination with the Matrix LED headlights.
The elegant dynamics of the exterior design carry over to the interior of the Audi RS 6 Avant. The salient element is the “wrap-around” – an arched, horizontal line below the windshield. The cockpit is tailored to the driver, with the center console oriented in the driver’s direction.
The Audi RS 6 Avant comes with a color palette of nine standard colors and one Matt finish color. The colors include Floret Silver, Prism Silver, Glacier White, Mythos Black, Panther Black, Misano Red, Daytona Grey, Nardo Grey, Sepang Blue and Daytona Grey Matt finish. In addition, Audi also offers innumerable colors and customization options with Audi Exclusive.
The Audi model range in India includes the Audi A3 Sedan, Audi A3 Cabriolet, Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8 L, Audi Q3, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi S4, Audi S6, Audi RS 5 Coupé, new Audi RS 7 Sportback, all-new Audi TT Coupé, Audi R8, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi R8 V10 plus and Audi R8 LMX.
At a glance: Audi RS 6 Avant
Design and body
- Large, five-door Avant body style with sporty, elegant proportions
- Distinctive, RS-specific design details
- Audi lightweight design: hybrid aluminum body
- 0 TFSI®: Bi-Turbo V8 displacing 3,993 cc
- Output 412 kW (560 hp), 700 Nm of torque from 1,750 to 5,500 rpm
- 0 to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds, top speed optionally 280 or 305 km/h (with Dynamic Package Plus)
- Pioneering efficiency technologies such as Audi Cylinder on Demand (COD)
- ECE cycle fuel consumption just 9.6 liters per 100 kilometers
- Eight-speed tiptronic with a dynamic character
- quattro® permanent all-wheel drive with new center differential and torque vectoring, sport differential as an option
- Specifically-tuned RS adaptive air suspension
- RS sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) as an option
- Audi Drive Select vehicle dynamics system as standard, dynamic steering as standard
- 20-inch wheels standard, three 21-inch wheels as an option
- Brake discs in wave design, ceramic brakes as an option
- Electronic stabilization control (ESC) with Sport mode, can be deactivated
- Black interior, carbon inlays, many details in aluminum look
- Illuminated door sill trim strips, RS 6 logos in the interior
- RS sport seats with integrated head restraints as standard
- Two rear seats with sporty contours
Equipment and trim
- Matrix LED Headlights and LED rear lights with Dynamic Turn Indicators
- RS-specific driver information system with shift light
- MMI® navigation plus with MMI® touch
- Head-up Display as standard
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Tire pressure monitoring system with air pressure and temperature display
- Panaromic Sunroof