NewZNew (New Delhi) : ‘Chaar Sahibzaade’ an animiated film on the life, ideology and sacrifices of Guru Gobind Singh ji’s four sons is on a record breaking spree. The film produced and directed by Bollywood filmmaker Harry Baweja who had churned out films like Qayamat, Dilwale, Diljale and Deewane has stunned the industry bigwigs and analysts.
The film is not only going strong but gaining strength even after entering in its sixth week and is said to be the only success story since the release of Farah Khan’s Shahrukh-Deepika starrer Happy New Year.
Even though quite a few other star studded affairs have struggled in the weeks gone by, Chaar Sahibzaade has been finding audience with every passing week.
With the shows of the film being retained and many more crore being added to the kitty of this underdog blockbuster of the season, there are quite a few records being created.
To put the things straight about the success of blockbuster ‘Chaar Sahibzaade’ indiaglitz.com has worked hard and compiled a check list of the records Harry Baweja’s film has created. NewZNew.com is reproducing the same here for the benefit of its readers with thanks to indiaglitz.com.
Here is presenting some of the incredible facts pertaining to the film.
1. Highest rated Feature Film of 2014 on Imdb.com (9.7), ahead of films like Interstellar (8.9) and Gone Girl (8.4), globally.
2. Highest rated animated film of all time on Imdb.com (9.7) beyond Lion King (8.5) and Spirited Away (8.6) in over 5,000 votes.
3. First film which was running in over 82 screens in Punjab, 150 screens in India and 125 screens overseas in its 5th Week (and still on)
4. Highest Grossing Animation film in India (including all Hollywood Films), breaking record of top grosser Tin-Tin in India.
5. All Time Top Grosser in Canada of Indian Feature Films, ahead of even Dhoom 3
6. All time Third top grosser in Australia- New Zealand after 3 Idiots and Dhoom 3.
7. All time Top 5 grosser in UK across All Indian Feature films
8. All time Top 5 grosser in USA across All Indian Feature films.
9. All time Highest grosser in many unconventional territories like Philippines, Sweden, Singapore etc.
10. Running in over 30 countries, like Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Singapore, Malyasia, Hongkong, Thailand, France, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain and many more.
11. Highest per screen average than any other Indian Film overseas.
12. Highest Grossing Punjabi Language Film of All Time.
13. House full shows even in the 5th week all over the world
14. In cinemas, shows being doubled and quadrupled with increase in demand by the hour.
15. Demand in South India in Second Week for English subtitle version.
16. First week single screen terms have been carried forth in 5th week for the first time.
17. Audiences applied for Tax Free in states like, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Delhi.