NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Chandigarh Tourism and STEPS is celebrating World Tourism Week from 27th Sept. 2014 to 30th Sept. 2014. World Tourism Day celebrated every year on 27 September, is a global observance to highlight tourism’s social, cultural, political and economic value. The Chandigarh Tourism Department also celebrates World Tourism Day as an Annual Event. The week long celebrations shall provide an ample opportunity to visitors and citizens of tricity to participate in variety of events and activities, which would promote Chandigarh as a happening City and as a hub of tourism and culture in this region.
A variety of activities are being organised during the week long celebrations for the promotion of Tourism.
To facilitate the tourists, visitors and the residents of the tricity, a variety of attractions, concessions, incentives are being offered in association with CITCO, Hotel & Restaurant Association of Chandigarh, Chandigarh Hospitality Association, Market Association, Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management as under:
- On 27th 2014, the tourists and visitors visiting Chandigarh by rail and air would be welcomed by students of CIHM, IHM and CHA with flowers buds and Tourists Literature.
- A special discount would be offered by private hoteliers and CITCO in their units to mark the World Tourism Week.
- There will be a complimentary rise on Hop on & Hop Off Tourist Bus on 27th Sept, 2014.
- A cartoon and kids festival will be held at sukhna lake where life sized cartoon characters shall entertain kids and youngsters.
- The market Association of Sector-17 will give away gift coupons during World Tourism Week celebrations.
- Prominent Building i.e. Open Hand Monument, Le-Corbusier Centre, Museum & Art Gallery, Tourist Information Centre, Capitol Complex will be illuminated on this occasion.
- The Tourist Police & NSS volunteers will be deputed at various events to facilitate the Tourists and the residents.
- Cookery & Bakery Competitions will be held at IHM and CIHM institutes.
[blockquote author=”Sh. Kashish Mittal, Director Tourism Chandigarh” pull=”pullright”]“Chandigarh Tourism has a clear mandate of cultivating tourism to the City Beautiful & attracting more national and international tourist throughout the year. Through these regular festivals and events, Chandigarh Tourism hopes to create a lively environment in the city, with an ambience of fun and festivity for all tourists to witness and enjoy.”[/blockquote]