NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Simmi Marwaha Memorial Charitable Trust today organised its 12th Young Journalist Award Felicitation Ceremony at Chandigarh Press Club, Sector 27, Chandigarh. According to Ms. Rajinder Rossy, Managing Trustee and mother of Simmi Marwaha, this year four young journalists has been honoured for bringing the excellence in their work.
Gaganjit kaur the topper of PU Mass Communications (Correspondence), Sanjiv Shrama from Chandigarh hr working in Rajasthan Patrika, Manan Saini form gurdaspur punjab working in Amar Ujala & Kawalpreet Singh from Delhi in electronic media working in Zee Punjabi were the given the honour.
Present on the ocassion, well known poets of Hindi and Punjabi literature like recited thier poems. also shared the memories of Simmi.
Projects undertaken by trust so far.
- Encourage the young reporters of region
- initiation of several social work projects in region
- Free treatment for the TB diseases in Dot Centre
- TB Awareness Camps in Slum areas.
- Telephone facility in Cremation Ground, Phase 7, Mohali
- Free medical services to poorly, elderly and orphans
- Immediate support to victims affected in road accidents.