NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Today at Hockey India League Auction 2015 272 Players going under Hammer as Total 6 Teams Picks Their Team Squad for The Latest 4th Edition of Hockey India League 2016. Out of total 20 Countries World’s Top Players are the Main Highlight of Hockey India League Auction 2015-16 on Thursday. The Auction Starts From 9:35 AM IST and Still Continue. Here the Latest Updates Of Hockey India League Auction 2015-16.
Hockey India League Auction 2015
The 4th edition of the Hockey India League will be played in the year 2016, year of Rio Olympics. The top players, wants to compete really hard in Rio, will get a face to face view of each other. No doubt, the focus light will be on players from world champions Australia, hockey superpowers the Netherlands, England and Spain, Olympic champions Germany.
Hockey India League New Rules
In a 1st in world hockey at any level, 2 points will be awarded for every field goal to Promote more skillful and tactical hockey. To curb rough tackles and maintain discipline among players, two goal points will awarded to every penalty-stroke goal scored other than resulting from a penalty corner.
Hockey India League Auction 2015-16 : STATISTICS
- Six franchises : Dabang Mumbai, Delhi Waveriders, Jaypee Punjab Warriors, Kalinga Lancers, Ranchi Rays and Uttar Pradesh Wizards
- Every team can have a squad of 20 players – 12 Indians and 8 foreigners.
- All players must be on match-sheet and minimum 2 goalkeepers on the bench
- Mumbai have the highest purse left to spend after retaining three players. They can spend USD 563000 on 17 players
- Delhi have USD 514000 left for 14 players; Punjab have a purse of USD 472500 for 14 players; Kalinga have USD 520000 for 15 players; Uttar Pradesh have USD 441000 for 15 and Ranchi have the least USD 337000 to buy 14.
stay with us for more exciting news.