The little white ghost that has taken the communication sector by storm is a well-known messaging app called Snap chat. Just 5 years old and it has become extremely popular because of its unique features. Whether it’s about getting an insight on your favorite celebrities’ daily life or sharing pictures and conversations with your friends, it’s got you covered.
The fact that this particular app automatically deletes the conversation and images shared is what makes it stand out. We can say that snap chat originated because of the selfie trend and this app just took everyone’s selfie game a level up. The filters and stories which the other apps seem to now incorporate as a ‘new’ feature have been the signature features for this app.
- The snap chat interface is very user friendly.
- The opening window that you see is the back camera which is set as default, but you can flip it.
- A single click on the button located at the bottom of screen allows you to take a picture, while holding the button it bit longer makes an instant short video.
- A timer is available which allows a few seconds of viewing time for your friends. You can adjust the time as per your preference.
- Flip to your front camera, press for a little longer on your screen and you activate the filters, flip through and choose your favorite, click add to your story or send as a snap.
- After you are happy with the video or snap you just took, you can flip through further, add quirky current location, texts or other filters.
How to use Snapchat app ?
Swiping right to access the list of people you recently contacted and swipe left to see stories uploaded by friends and celebrities by simply tapping on to them. You will also see the other virtual magazines lined up from VICE to cosmopolitan that are just a simple tap away. When you swipe down, the drop menu has your Snap Id and other options. You may notice a certain score being displayed along your name. That score is a validation of how addicted you are to this app. The more number of friends you add, the more stories you make and more snaps you share increases your score.
What’s new in Recent update?
What is new and controversial about this app is the recent update. The snap map lets other people stalk you. Once you update your app and agree to share your location, anyone in your list can see who you’re with and your location. Well as hilarious and as interesting as it may sound it does lead to some serious debate about privacy and more importantly your safety. Fortunately there is a ghost mode that can be activated and you can avoid this feature even after an update. This feature can be both useful when it comes to family and unnerving if you have a fanatic in your list. So be wise, stay alert and be safe.
How to download the Snapchat app?
This the app is free and all you need to do is download it from your app store on your device. Using your email ID, phone number and by setting a password you create the Snap chat ID. People can look you up through this ID or through contacts, but you get to choose who to add in your list. You have limited but effective way of controlling your privacy in the settings menu.