IGNOU’s Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) invites applications for free coaching to aspiring SC Students for Civil Services: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up Dr. Ambedkar Centre and Chair at the University with Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (DAF), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, the University has set up the Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) to impart free coaching to aspiring SC Students for Civil Services and other competitive examinations as per the recommendations of the DAF.
As per the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment this specialized coaching will be provided only to the Scheduled Caste students for the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
The objective of the Scheme is to provide high quality free coaching facilities to the Scheduled Caste students for the Civil Services examinations conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and other competitive examinations.
It will empower SC candidates through good quality coaching and fulfil the goal of enhancing their competitive skills. Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) will play a significant role in the holistic development of SC students.
- The Scheme shall be open to only Scheduled Caste candidates.
- Minimum eligibility will be Graduation in any subject. Those who are appearing in the Graduation final year exams are expected to submit a pass certificate at the time of commencement of the Coaching Program.
- All candidates must provide their duly attested caste certificates issued by competent authority.
- The selected candidates can avail the coaching facility only once, irrespective of the chances available to him or her.
- The candidates should not have received similar benefits from the government under any other scheme. An affidavit to this effect should be furnished by the candidate.
- Maximum of 100 candidates shall be selected.
- Out of the 100 seats, 33 per cent shall be reserved for women candidates.
- Attendance Register of student enrolment and attendance shall be maintained.
- Accountability of the candidate leaving the said Course in between will be properly fixed and entire fees will be recovered from the candidate.
Admission will be done through the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University. Prospective candidates can apply Online through www.ignou.ac.in at https://dace.ignouonline.ac.in/. The Entrance exam will have 100 objective type questions to test the candidates’ general knowledge, language skills, reasoning abilities and general aptitude.
Last date to apply is 30th June, 2022.