NewZNew (Chandigarh) : YES BANK and YES FOUNDATION in partnership with Rotary International District 3140 launched YES! i am the CHANGE Responsible Youth Citizen, a national movement to engage youth in India’s social transformation at the Rotary DISCON event. Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Hon’ble Smt. Smriti Irani graced the occasion. Over 1 crore youth across the country would be empowered to work towards women’s safety, clean India and harness media to accelerate inclusive development. A force of two lakh youth Ambassadors will be developed to actively promote the movement pan-India.
The movement was launched by the signing of a Charter by Ms. Namita Vikas, Senior President & Chief Sustainability Officer, YES BANK, Ms. Prerana Langa, CEO, YES FOUNDATION and Rotarian Ajay Gupta, District Governor, Rotary International District 3140.
As part of the movement, campaigns on Women’s safety, Swachh Bharat and YES! i am the CHANGE 2015 (India’s largest social film movement) would be undertaken in a phased manner through a pan-India, multi-stakeholder partnership with local Municipalities, local Police, NGOs, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs), educational institutions. The movement will work in sync and leverage the YES COMMUNITY initiative of YES BANK which has a reach at over 600 plus branches of YES BANK.
The Charter of the YES! i am the CHANGE Responsible Youth Citizen movement focuses on the following:
- Engage youth towards women’s safety, clean India and harnessing media as a powerful tool to accelerate inclusive development
- Positively influence mindset and behaviour towards women through gender sensitisation trainings and self defence workshops for girls/women
- Enthuse youth to take pledges on women’s safety through a mega campaign
- Conduct mass awareness campaigns and actions on-ground with local communities to promote sanitation, health and dignity
- Create a viral social movement through the power of media to connect untapped energy of youth with voices less heard
- Public, private and civil society partnership to implement and fuel YES! i am the CHANGE Responsible Youth Citizen movement
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO, YES BANK and Chief Mentor, YES FOUNDATION said, “India’s inclusive development necessitates the active involvement of youth in nation-building. YES! i am the CHANGE Responsible Youth Citizen movement will provide youth with a national platform to trigger great social action, creating a multiplier effect to fuel social transformation.”
“Rotary district 3140 is delighted to partner with YES BANK and YES FOUNDATION to launch the YES! i am the CHANGE Responsible Youth Citizen movement. Our members are fully committed to ensuring sustained, on-ground impact through active involvement of the youth. The program will be leveraged to scale up to all Rotary districts pan-India to accelerate equitable social transformation in India” said Mr. Ajay Gupta, District Governor, International Rotary District 3140