NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Chandigarh Senior Citizens Association (CSCA) got a new executive body with election of I.P. Puri as the new President. The new body took over at the Government Art Museum auditorium in Sector 10 here.
The team of office-bearers named above would comprise the Governing Body of the CSCA with four more ordinary members to be nominated later on D.S Grewal, the outgoing President will continue to be on the Governing Body with the designation of Immediate-Past-President.
I.P. Puri, while addressing the audience, thanked the members for electing a totally new team of the office-bearers of the CSCA and assured them that his team would work whole-heartedly for the betterment of Senior citizens of the tri-city as promised in his election manifesto. He further elaborated that the pending projects of the outgoing team would be pursued vigorously so far as they serve the interests of senior citizens.
He said special budgetary provisions would be made to ameliorate the plight of the senior citizens even though other expenses may have to be curtailed. He thanked the outgoing team of office-bearers and, in particular, he appreciated the contribution made by Shri D.S Grewal whom he referred to as a visionary parexcellence.
Puri requested the senior members of the organisation to continue guiding and supporting the new team as well for the greater success of the CSCA in time to come.
The new team comprises the office-bearers as mentioned below:
- President Sh. I P Puri
- Vice President S. Satnam Singh Randhawa
- Secretary Projects Ms Promil Mahna
- Secretary Welfare Ms Gurpreet Khaira
- Secretary Public Relations Mr H S Bindra.
- Secretary Organisation Mr S.P.Malhotra.
- Secretary Member Relations Ms Parkash Kaur Ahluwalia.
- Secretary Publications Dr. Iqbal Singh Dhillon
- Secretary Health Dr B.S Makkar..
In addition to the above, four more office-bearers have been nominated as per rules. Their names are as under:
- Secretary General Mr BrijSapra
- Secretary Finance Mr S.C. Aggarwal
- Secretary Administration Mr D.S Choudhary
- Secretary Events Prof. A.S Bhatia.