UP NEET counselling result, seat allotment declared at upneet.gov.in


UP NEET 2017 counselling is being conduced by the Director General of Medical Education and Training, Uttar Pradesh for admissions to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programs. The admissions are strictly on the basis of students’ performance in the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET UG 2017) conducted by CBSE in May. UP NEET counselling result has been declared today on 18 July, the official update from UPDGME says.

CBSE had declared the results of NEET UG 2017 on June 23 and as per the rules framed, admissions to MBBS and BDS courses are being done in two phases. The first phase – admission to 15% All India Quota seats is being regulated by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), while the second phase – admission process to remaining 85% State quota seats is being regulated by states’ agencies. The admissions are as per the State-wise merit list for state quota seats, derived from NEET results.

UPDGME is holding centralized counselling for MBBS and BDS admissions in Government/ Private, including State/ Deemed University/ Minority, Medical & Dental Institutions. For the academic session 2017-18, as much as 1,673 seats in 15 government medical institutions and 2,650 seats in private institutions are available. For BDS, 51 seats at King George Medical University and other 2,300 seats in private dental institutions are available. DGME had asked the students to register for NEET counselling from July 5, and based on the data provided by students, the State merit list was published on July 9.

As much as 32,424 students have been placed in UP NEET merit list 2017 and these candidates were asked to participate in document verification process from July 9 to 13. The online choice filling for institutes/ courses was done from July 15 to 16 and today on July 18, UP NEET allotment/ counselling result will be declared. The students allotted a seat will be eligible to download allotment order till July 19, while the dates for taking admission in the allotted institution are from July 20 to 22.

UP NEET counselling result link has been provided by DGME at the official portal https://upneet.gov.in, but the result will be available only after the official announcement today. The students will have to pay the seat acceptance fee (which is Rs. 20,000 for government colleges & Rs. 2,00,00 for private institutions) based on the allotment result and report at the allotted institute to complete the admission formalities.

UP NEET 2017 counselling is proposed to be conducted in two rounds, while the last date for admission is August 31. For the seats left vacant after second round, DGME will conduct mop-up round for only those students placed in the State merit list.

Students can check UP NEET counselling result, seat allotment result after logging into the counselling website upneet.gov.in.