Xiaomi launches its Flagship Redmi K20 series and Redmi 7A in Chandigarh: Xiaomi, India’s number one smartphone and smart TV brand, today announced the much-anticipated Redmi K20 series of smartphones — Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro in the city of Chandigarh.
Xiaomi also announced Redmi 7A with 2 years warranty for the first time from Xiaomi. In addition to the amazing smartphones, Xiaomi also showcased the brand’s recently launched ecosystem products such as Mi Rechargeable LED Lamp and Mi Bluetooth Neckband Earphones.
Redmi K20 series features a 16.2cm (6.39) 19.5:9 Full HD+ AMOLED Horizon Display, 20MP pop-up selfie camera, and achieves an incredible 91.9% screen-to-body ratio.The Horizon AMOLED Display comes with 7th generation in-display fingerprint scanner and is protected by curved Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 (front and back) on both phones.
Redmi K20 Pro sports the flagship octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset clocked upto 2.84GHz offering blistering performance. Redmi K20 boasts the all-new octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor clocked upto 2.2GHz bringing segment defining performance to the table.
Redmi K20 and K20 Pro are the only flagship phones with the edge-lit module around the pop-up selfie camera. Redmi K20 series comes with an AI triple camera setup, comprising of a 48MP main camera, 8MP telephoto and a 13MP wide-angle.
It is powered by a huge 4,000 mAh battery, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm headphone jack and 27W SonicCharge support. Redmi K20 series comes with the highest quality standards; P2i nano-coating makes the phones splash-proof, while Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and rear of both phones make them durable and long-lasting. Other quality improvements include fall detection, which makes the pop-up camera retract automatically in case of a drop.
Redmi 7A brings an overall upgrade over Redmi 6A. It features the powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 439 chipset. It features a massive 4000mAh battery ensuring upto two days of battery life. Redmi 7A is the only smartphone in the segment that sports a 12MP Sony IMX486 rear camera sensor, featuring a 5MP front camera with AI Portrait mode. It brings a 13.8cm (5.45) 18:9 HD+ Full Screen Display with great viewing angles and comes with wireless FM Radio to allow access to radio without the need of earphones. Redmi 7A sports a dual SIM card with a dedicated microSD card slot which supports expansion up to 256GB and offers dual SIM, dual VoLTE capabilities.
Marking the launch occasion, Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, shared “We are thrilled to announce our all-new Redmi 7A and Redmi K20 series for our consumers in Chandigarh. While the Redmi K20 series is powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 and 730 processors and both these phones come with the 20 MP Pop-up selfie cameras, the Redmi 7A offers a solid 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor camera experience, and holds a 4000mAh battery which is first of its kind in a Redmi A series smartphone. With these incredible features, these smartphones are a perfect package bringing the best of innovative technology of great quality at a truly honest pricing to our Mi Fans in Chandigarh. “
Price and Availability:
- Both phones will go on sale starting 12 pm,22nd July across Mi.com, Flipkart and Mi Homes and will be available on all offline retail channels starting 30th July, 2019.
- Redmi K20 Pro will be available for INR 27,999 for the 6GB/128GB variant and INR 30,999 for the 8GB/256GB variant in Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Black.
- Redmi K20 will be available for INR 21,999 for the 6GB/64GB variant and INR 23,999 for the 6GB/128GB variant in Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Black.
- Redmi 7A is available in Matte Black, Matte Blue and Matte Gold colour variants. The 2GB+16GB variant will be available for INR 5799 onwards and the 2GB+32GB variant will be available for INR 5999 onwards as the introductory price for the two phones. Redmi 7A is available via Mi.com, Flipkart and Mi Home stores.
Xiaomi also announced other Mi Ecosystem products:
- Mi Beard Trimmerhas been manufactured specially for India. It comes with 40 length settings, ultra-precise self-sharpening steel blades, 90 minutes of battery life, IPX7 rating, and quad-edge design. It is available at INR 1199 on Mi.com, Mi Homes and Amazon India
- Mi Super Bass Wireless headphones feature large 40mm dynamic drivers that deliver powerful bass. They come with 20 hours of battery life coupled with pressure-less earmuffs for long hours of comfortable usage and are available for INR 1799 on Mi.com and Amazon India.
- Mi Bluetooth Neckband Earphones bring 8 hours of music playback time over Bluetooth 5.0 with dynamic bass and also supports interaction with voice assistant. They are priced at INR 1599 and will be available starting 23rd July on Mi.com and Flipkart
- Mi Rechargeable LED Lamp is a compact, portable and rechargeable table lamp. It features 3colour temperature modes and promises up to 40 hours of battery life which can be easily charged via a power bank, besides almost any USB wall adaptor. It is available on Xiaomi’s crowdfunding platform (https://store.mi.com/in/crowdfunding/list} on for INR 1299.
- Mi Truck Builder is one of the most easy to assemble toys featuring 530+ building blocks, and a versatile 2-in-1: Truck + Bulldozer model. It was available on Xiaomi’s crowdfunding platform and will go on sale soon.
Know More About Xiaomi Corporation
Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is an internet company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an IoT platform at its core.
With the vision of being friends with its users and being the “coolest company” in the hearts of its users, Xiaomi is committed to continuous innovation, with an unwavering focus on quality and efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technology.
Xiaomi is currently the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand, and has established the world’s largest consumer IoT platform, with more than 171million smart devices (excluding smartphones and laptops) connected to its platform as of March 31st, 2019. Currently, Xiaomi products are present in more than 80 countries and regions around the world and have a leading foothold in many markets. Thanks to its strong growth in business, Xiaomi successfully ranks 426th in Forbes’ 2019 Global 2000 list. Xiaomi has also made the 2019 BrandZ™ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking for the first time, ranking 74th with a brand value of $19.8 billion.