Mercedes-Benz India further strengthened its product offering with the introduction of the new C-Class, one of its most popular executive saloons, now in its fifth generation.
The new C-Class combines unmatched luxury with a progressive design dynamics, unsurpassable luxury appointments, state-of-art multimedia system and uncompromising safety features. The new C-Class range comprises–the C 220 d Progressive, the C 220 d Prime, the most powerful C 300 d AMG Line.
The new C-Class comes equipped with a new and powerful BS VI engine: the four-cylinder OM 654 diesel power train in the C 220 d and the C 300 d AMG Line.
The new C-Class was unveiled in a glittering event at Panjab Motors, Industrial Area, Phase 1 here, in the presence of Mr. Mahesh Ahuja, CEO Panjab Motors .The C 220 d & C 300 d AMG Line will be available across all the Mercedes-Benz dealerships, in the country and the C 300 d will be available in Q4, 2018.
Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India said, “Introduction of fascinating products and their continuous honing has been key to our success and with the launch of the new C-Class, Mercedes-Benz yet again set a very high benchmark in the luxury sedan segment. This model update is the biggest in the history of the C-Class. In total, we have changed some 6,500 components, more than half the number of components in an average C-Class sedan.”
- The new C-Class diesel range introduced comprises the C 220 d Progressive, C 220 d Prime and the C 300 d AMG Line
- Mercedes-Benz for the first time introduces BS VI diesel power train in the
- C-Class: The four-cylinder OM 654 diesel engine in the C 220 d and the C 300 d AMG Line
- The OM 654 engine featured in the C 300 d AMG Line and the C 220 d, delivers more output as well as reduction in the noise and vibration characteristics
- The interiors of the new C-Class have been enhanced with a new 10.25-inch media display screen and new generation telematics which includes NTG 5.5
- C-Class remains one of the most successful product in Mercedes-Benz’s portfolio: more than 30,500 units on Indian roads alone
- The New C 220 d Prime is priced at Rs. 40.00 lakhs, C 220 d Progressive is Rs. 44.25 Lakhs, C 300 d AMG line is Rs. 48.50 Lakhs (ex-showroom, India)
The C-Class launched is the sportiest and most dynamic of all time and it perfectly underlines its positioning of ‘Never Stop Improving’. The new C-Class is loaded with a variety of technologies and features that enhance driving pleasure, and offer unmatched luxury. These enhancements will add a dash of athleticism and uniqueness to one of the most popular models in Mercedes-Benz’s rich product portfolio.