NewZNew (Chandigarh) : As many as 28 leading woman personalities of region including Ms. Savita Bhatti, Social Activist , Ms. Bittu Sandhu, Founder-Rani Breast Cancer Trust and Ms. Mohini Daljeet Singh, CEO- Max India Foundation were honored for their outstanding contributions in the field of women empowerment at Hotel JW Marriot today. The program which was named ‘Care for the Caregiver’ was organized by Max Super Speciality Hospital (MSSH), Mohali to mark International Women’s Day. Over 350 women attended the program.
Ms. Poonam Sharma , Mayor-Chandigarh was chief guest during the occasion.
During occasion the cultural activities like skit on women empowerment, Punjabi folk dances, singing and bhangra by Sukh Bhangra the famous bhangra group were also held. A ramp walk show by arthritis female patients were also held where 20 vibrant and enthusiastic knee and hip replacement patients sashayed down the ramp in an exhibition of quality of life despite knee replacement. The patients even the aged one danced to the beats of dhol to express their ability to get back to normal like after advanced treatment.
A heart rending play on the real life adaptation of an arthritic patient, Rajni depicted the trials and tribulations of a woman’s lone battle with a debilitating disease before her misery finally ends, was presented by the renowned theatre group Yatra.
During occasion, Dr Manuj Wadhwa, Director & Head, Max Elite Institute of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement, MSSH and Mr. Sandeep Dogra, VP-Operations, MSSH unveiled a special ‘Gender Specific Knee Implant’ for female.
Dr Wadhwa said that women knees would tend to be narrower than a man’s because their pelvis was wider. On this Women’s Day, we at Max decided to launch a knee implant that was designed to accommodate those diff;werences. This knee replacement was shaped to fit a women’s anatomy. This female specific knee implant would now help many women to lead a pain free life and become productive citizen of the country. The verilast narrow knee promised an enhanced range of motion and closest fit to the female patients giving them the confidence to do things they always wanted to do, pointed out Dr. Manuj.
Meanwhile Ms. Vini Mahanjan, Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, Govt of Punjab sent a special message for women, which was read out to the audience by Dr Andesh Kang, SMO Civil Hospital Mohali.
List of honored women:
- Ms Mohini Daljeet Singh, CEO, Max India Foundation who tremendous work in the field of Corporate social responsibility cannot be capsuled in one forum
- Ms Bittu Sandhu, Founder of Rani Breast cancer Trust
- Mrs Nirmal Milkha Singh, the vibrant athlete and wife of the famous flying sikh, Mr Milkha Singh
- Dr Andesh Kang, SMO, Civil Hospital Mohali
- Ms Savita Bhatti, an exemplary artist and social activist
- Ms Harjinder Kaur, ex mayor Chandigarh and presently chair person of Panjab Kala Parishad
- Ms Ritu Sandhu, a very popular senior official of All India Radio Chandigarh
- Mrs Asha Sharma-special educator at ASHA school Chnadimandir
- Mrs Nargis Gurdial Singh, Councellor at Councelling Centre for women and Children AWWA Chandimandir
- Mrs Surjit Kaur, President senior citizens association Chandigarh
- Mrs Veena Wadhwa, mother of Dr Manuj Wadhwa,
- Mrs Ekta Nagpal, President resident welfare peermushala and president mahila morcha, BJP mohali
- Mrs BS Mangat, w/o Hon Secy Chnadigarh Golf Club
- Mrs Amarjot Kaur, wife of Chandigarh Golf Club President, Mr BJS Gill
- Dr Mrs Kanwarjeet Kochhar, wife of Dr GS Kochhar, Chairman CSR Chandigarh Golf Club
- Mrs Gurdarshan Kaur, wife of Col Harkirat, chairman events, DSOI (Defence Services Officers Institute)
- Dr Mrs Jyoti Dogra, wife of Col Dogra, Senior Manager of Panchkula Golf club
- Mrs Sangeeta Sekhon, Principal Strawberry Fiels Chandigarh
- Dr Gurkirat, Principal, Shivalik Public School, Sector 41 Chandigarh
- Mrs. Taruna Vashisht, Principal, Bhavan Vidyalaya Sector 33
- Dr Deepa Puri, Simply health plus,
- Mrs Upinder Ahluwalia, Mayor of Panchkula
- Mrs Omvati Punia, Councilor Of Sec 10/11 Panchkula
- Sangeeta Bhandri , Distt – Secretary BJP President + vice President Rotary Club Ludhiana
- Mrs Vandana, Principal Blue Birds high School Panchkula
- Mrs Sangeeta Principal Holy Child School
- Mrs Vibha Malhotra Principal Little Angels School Zirakpur
- Mrs Neera Singh, Vice Principal St Soldiers School, Panchkula