OJEE MBBS Counselling 2017: Odisha State merit list today at ojee.nic.in


OJEE MBBS counselling 2017 had already started from July 14, but the publication of State merit list is still awaited by medical aspirants in the State. There are total 1,100 seats in MBBS & BDS course at 8 institutions in the State, of which 937 seats (85%) fall under State quota and will be filled by online counselling being conducted by OJEE. Odisha MBBS merit list 2017 will be published today on July 22, OJEE Board has updated.

There are total 1,100 seats in MBBS, BDS course in State, of which 937 fall under State quota and will be filled through OJEE counselling 2017

CBSE had conducted the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET UG 2017) on May 7 this year for admission to MBBS and BDS courses across the Country. The qualified candidates were awarded ranks and based on their All-India ranks, Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is organizing online counselling for admission to 15% All India quota seats. For remaining 85% seats, the State agencies are responsible for regulating merit based admissions and hence OJEE published the list of State candidates on July 10.

As per the list updated by OJEE, as much as 17,124 candidates of Odisha domicile had qualified in NEET UG 2017. OJEE directed these candidates to register online and participate in document verification process for OJEE MBBS counselling 2017. The registration facility remained open from July 14 to 17 and OJEE updated on July 17 that total 4,332 candidates were registered for MBBS counselling. These candidates were then required to get their documents verified at Nodal centers from July 18 to 21.

After successful verification of documents of registered candidates, OJEE merit list will be published, the official statement reads. OJEE MBBS merit list for Odisha State is scheduled to be published today on July 22. The candidates will get to know their merit rank/ status from the official website ojee.nic.in. These candidates will then have to enter the choices of course/ institution by July 23 and OJEE will declare the first round of seat allotment results on July 24.

There are 950 MBBS and 150 BDS seats in medical/ dental institutions in the Odisha State. As per the State quota (937 seats), 809 MBBS seats and 128 BDS seats available under OJEE counselling 2017. The State quota seats are further reserved as 112 seats under ST, 75 under SC, 29 under ES (3%), 46 under GC (5%), while remaining 675 seats are under General category.

After the publication of OJEE MBBS merit list 2017, the candidates will be able to enter their choices in the order of preference and the allotments to the seats will be made on the basis of merit rank and choices filled by the candidate. The candidates allotted a college/ course will have to report at the Nodal Center between July 25 to 31. OJEE will conduct second round of counselling from August 17, followed by Spot/ Mop Up round in the last week of August to fill the vacant seats.

OJEE MBBS merit list 2017 will be available today at ojee.nic.in.