NewZNew (Chandigarh) : Taiwanese companies are eyeing newer and bigger opportunities in the Indian market with a host of B2B products aimed at the service industry. A number of these products will be on display at the GES Expo 2016, scheduled to be held at India Expo Centre and Mart, Greater Noida, India from the 21st-23rd of April 2016.Continuing with the theme ‘Excellent Lifestyles in India with Taiwan Excellence’, the Taiwan Excellence 2016 Campaign will host 13 leading Taiwanese brands in the Taiwan Pavilion at the Expo.
- EtherCAT solution by ADLINK Technology, Inc., a leading global provider of application-ready intelligent platforms and compute building blocks that enable the Internet of Things.
- The newest enterprise-class NAS (Network Attached Storage device) series by QNAP, a provider of networked solutions for file sharing, virtualization, storage management and surveillance applications.
- Dynasty POS (Point of Sale) system by EBN, the industrial fan-less PC innovator.
- POS-9000 terminals by TYSSO, a leading provider of AIDC (automatic identification and data collection) and POS (Point-of-Sale) solutions.
- EH320UST ultra-short-throw projector by OPTOMA, a world leading manufacturer of portable, fixed-installation and home theater projectors.
Taiwanese companies account for about 80% of the world’s production of PCs and half of the world’s LCDs. It also produces a fifth of the world’s mobile phones and a quarter of its semiconductors. With the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) and associated products, providing services is yet another opportunity for Taiwanese brands to capitalize on their strength in IC design, foundry’s services, semiconductor packaging, mobile phones, sensors and precision mechanics.Events like the GES Expoprovide an opportunity for Taiwanese brands to showcase the reliability and value of their products to India’sB2B and B2C audiences. Taiwanese brands would like to tap into the rapidly growing services sector in India, in addition to government initiatives, such as‘Smart Cities’.
The second edition of the GES Expo, which isjointly organized by the Government of India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and is in association with the Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), provides a global platform for increasing trade in services, enhancing strategic cooperation and strengthening multilateral relationships between stakeholders in the service industry. It is an opportunity to understand the potential for service exports and to increase FDI into the sector, which dominates the FDI equity inflows into the country. From April to November in FY 2014-15, the FDI inflows into services grew by 105.8% compared to 22.2% growth overall. India has the second fastest growing service sectors in the world and it is expected to grow 7.4% in FY16 on the back of improvement in global growth and recovery in industrial growth.
The attendance of these Taiwanese Companies to the GES Expo is a part of the Taiwan Industry Image Enhancement Project (IEP) in India, organized by the Bureau of Foreign Trade (BOFT) of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, and implemented by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA). TAITRA is one of the partners of GES Expo 2016.